Monday, December 28, 2015

George and Martha

I desperately needed a new banner photo and my mind was blank and I just threw this one up there, to get that other one down. Smiller and I recently watched Night Of The Iguana (I have mixed feelings about it), but I was loving Richard Burton and we talked about Virginia Woolf so I thought of this. Voila! Why doesn't anyone locally produce any Albee plays? I've never seen one live. I'm excited Big Idea Theater is going to produce The Motherfucker With The Hat in a couple of weeks.
 
OK, so this Tamaya story is just the weirdest, in that, really, you can cause hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage to a space and the cops aren't even going to investigate? It obviously looks like the Tamaya owners, or maybe employees who didn't get paid or something. They poured cement down the drains, so how about looking to see who bought cement right before this, Columbo? This story is just bizarre for what is not said in it.
 
I just noticed Eatuscany Café (not into the name!) yesterday and here is this very fun to read review. JB does well with the dis reviews, could have used a better closer but hey it's got a great opener. I just don't really eat gelato so I may not go there. You know what I do eat - Russell Stover candies that my boss gave me because I am bored at work and everything on campus is closed so I can't get a snack. I feel sick.
 
 

7 comments:

Stephen Glass said...

Unfortunately, the genius Haskell Wexler who won an Oscar for lensing "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf," died this morn:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/haskell-wexler-legendary-cinematographer-dead-at-93-20151227

Stephen Glass said...

A postcard of this image has been sitting on the left of the desk, for years, where I'm now sitting:
https://theartofpsychology.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/whos-afraid-of-virginia-woolf-burton-taylor.jpg

beckler said...

that's a brutal one!

Rosalitahead said...

I saw a great double feature once of the play Zoo Story followed by the Movie Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf. It was amazing, and exhausting.

Natalie.

Rosalitahead said...

Also, Liz Taylor is the sexiest, hottest mess in the world in that movie. Terrifying and flawed and beautiful.

N.

Caroline said...

A few years back I read a biography of Liz & Dick's relationship and god they were awful fucking people. Obviously, not really (for example: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/12/elizabeth-taylor-aids-drug-ring), but they were rich, petty, tax evading (this is one of my real sensitive areas, ha!) drama queens. This movie was perfect for them.

DB said...

Do you listen to the You Must Remember This podcast? She recently did an episode on Liz Taylor, although covering a timeframe that ends before Burton.