Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Who runs Bartertown?

Wow two comments on my last post! Exciting! Being sincere!

I am about to go barter something so I thought I would start a list of things I have bartered during the pandemic. There's a lot and I will forget, and I like Heckasac to serve as my external brain. Although I am stretching bartered to include "venmoed money for"

1) Thermometer
2) traded dental picks for yeast and olive oil
3) traded herbs for homemade kimchee (that's the one I'm getting in a few minutes!)
4) Garth Greenwell book for Ocean Vuong book with bonus Lidia Yuknavitch book
5) wheat berries for duck fat
6) bout to buy wine from Chloe Henry (find her on the Gram to buy some wine, tell her what you like) and trade it for an N95 mask
I think that's it, but still, kind of a lot

What have you bartered?

2 comments:

Scott Miller said...

1. A hamburger today for payment Tuesday
3. My kingdom for a working thermometer
3. Some leather for some lace
4. A brew to get my 8-track player fixed

BC said...

Saw someone on Facebook last week bartering sourdough starter for weed and toilet paper, but that was a little too on the nose.