Friday, February 17, 2017

Three events?!?!

I really don't want to work today. I am, but I don't want to, so I need lots of breaks. I actually started a writing exercise that isn't due until March 6th today, so I feel very proud of myself.
 
Has anyone noticed how Alley Katz has a jank plastic sign on it now that says "The Bunker" and that it's open, but that the "grand opening" is in a couple of weeks. Perhaps the owner got too much feedback that calling it "The Brig" was too similar to calling it "The Bolt" or "The Stud" or something. It's military-themed. Whatever that means. Whatever is going on there I want to check it out. And now it has wings! The real shocker is that Alley Katz did not have wings.
 
I found out there is a third thing going on Saturday, in addition to a bday party and Ganglians, and a DJ from Frankfurt, Philip Lauer, who I'm guessing is probably good. Mike C. is somehow behind it so that seems like a good bet. I guess theoretically one could attend three events in one night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was Ganglians?

NM

beckler said...

They were good. Seems like they will be playing, since they had a few new songs. Did you go see them in SF? I'm not a very nostalgic person, but seeing them makes me nostalgic because I think about interviewing them in an alley (by the ToHo? I think?) and how a couple of them had never even been on a plane. And now one of them is a dad and other adult things, etc.