Friday, September 14, 2007

nice tail!

ok, ok, I'm back. or am I? I'm conflicted. I don't know. I don't want to make this forum simply a place to post birthday wishes (you can take that shit to birthdays.com). but....happy 21st birthday Heather K.!!! I'm sure this is an even more monumental birthday for a music fanatic such as yourself.

Have you read the new Midtown Monthly (I'm cupping my ear to catch the chorus of "but of course's")? Check the writeup on Chris Daubert. This guy was my art history teacher at Sierra College back in the '90s, and he was an awesome teacher as well as being kind of a tall, bearded fox that I had a crush on. My final project was a collage on riot grrrl that if I remember correctly contained some Rollins imagery, and he gave me an A. Then, due to the crush, I took his drawing class but couldn't deal with the most basic criticism of something I was so crappy at so I dropped it. The show is up until the 29th, and it's at 923 20th st., so check it out!

The Barnseyard (which continues to be the best thing going), has pointed out that we are one of 14 select cities to open the new Cronenburg joint (ha, I'm making myself cringe with that phrase). I heard Viggo (who stars) on Fresh Air yesterday, and in addition to his vestigial tail (OMG, I just googled that to find my old post and found a screen grab and discussion of the tail!!!!!!!) I discovered that he's Argentinian and Danish, and speaks a bunch of languages fluently, and wait, am I gushing? Hmm...I mean gushing with praise but this is sounding obscene. Time to go!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off subject, but does anyone know what happened to Brian Peppers?

Brew

Anonymous said...

I haven't thought of him since that incident with Paris Hilton & Benjii at Hooters!

-miller

HK said...

Thanks Heckasac!

Anonymous said...

And Happy Birthday to Ol' Lady Moe too!

That Daubert show kicks ass, by the way. Only drag is that the light boxes probably look better after dark and the gallery is only open during the day. Anyway, Daubert knocked one out of the park.

Anonymous said...

Boo, Eastern Promises doesn't open here till next Friday. Damn that Terri Gross for getting me all primed up for my semi-annual movie theater excursion!

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see Viggo, I have to wonder what Exene Cervenka has in her mantrap to have snagged both him and John Doe into matrimony.

Anonymous said...

Brew writes:

Off subject, but does anyone know what happened to Brian Peppers?
----------------------

Mattel just came out with the Commemorative Brian Peppers puppet. Don't worry, it's lead free.

http://www.wikitruth.info/images/thumb/e/e1/Brian_peppers_puppet.jpg/300px-Brian_peppers_puppet.jpg

Love,
I Am The Brian Peppers

Anonymous said...

It's just like the real Brian Peppers!

Brew

Anonymous said...

Has anyone else noticed the Bee is removing comments they allowed up?

Brian Peppers is way better than Mitchell an hero.

Molested iPod Fan Club

archbishop said...

Huge 1 bedroom apartment for rent in midtown. If you're interested, please let me know. It's right above me, and next to Mike R Mike and Heather R Mike. I think it's $650 or so. Between $600 and $700. There, that's a better description.

beckler said...

I hear that apartment is in the coveted Handle District. I spent a lot of time in the Handle this weekend, I hit up Old Soul Twice, and went to Zocalo, Dragonfly and 58 Degrees. Maybe I should rent that apartment just for easier access.

p.s.-Zocalo, of course way too expensive, but not as bad as Ernestos, and kinda fun to hang out. Their michelada is so tasty.

beckler said...

oh yeah, and what do you mean by removing comments they allowed up? could you link to an example?

Anonymous said...

There's stories where the comments the Bee put up got way out of hand. My guess is there's a few people who approve the comments, probably unpaid college interns, and someone who's actually paid said, "WTF!" and removed posted comments.

The prostitution bust in RoseEVILle was one of 'em that I successfully trolled but was later removed.

Mark Twain

Anonymous said...

When the Bee ran an article about releasing sketches of the latest flasher/chronic public masturbator I was able to leave a comment about how the public could be better served if the Man had also released a sketch of his offending member for better identification. Other readers agreed and marked the comment as "useful."

Love,
SASSF

archbishop said...

Sacramento is No. 7 in nation for foreclosures, but hey, it'll get worse.

"The jump in foreclosure filings this month might be the beginning of the next wave of increased foreclosure activity, as a large number of subprime adjustable rate loans are beginning to reset now," said James Saccacio, chief executive officer of RealtyTrac. "Another significant factor in the increased level of foreclosure activity is that the number of REO filings (bank repossessions) is increasing dramatically, which means that a greater percentage of homes entering foreclosure are going back to the banks."

Anonymous said...

I read that Stockton was #1. Don't know if that was the state or the nation. But if Stockton is going to be #1 in anything, god has decreed that it's gonna be something bad. I love you Stockton. I'm hoping this means that maybe the houses will go back down to $40K for something downtown that would cost you $500K for in Sacto.

Ella

archbishop said...

Modesto is #1. California has 6 of the top 10, and I've seen that the guess is housing prices will drop 15-20%. How the World Works on Salon.com seems reasonable to me.

Your birthday present is cheap housing!

I'm going to get me a bindlestick in March. I wonder if I can get a job teaching English in Portugal.