Wednesday, November 14, 2007

mantles in sac

That show last night at Delta was a good time, and it was also probably the first show that I've ever been to that started on time (nine o clock) thanks to the excellent Warm Streams. Joshua Ploeg is a sassy frontman extraordinaire. Mayyors tore it up, but they took a jagillion years setting up which was trying my nerves a little bit. That was partially because Jay Reatard was late. I really liked the singer, but I thought the live sound was a little too metall-y for my tastes. I'm listening to them right now and I see that recorded they don't sound metallic at all. In fact they sound great. I was home by midnight, which I really appreciated on a weeknight. Thanks again, DJ Rick. You're the best.

And speaking of the best, there is a benefit show for Heather Klinger and her bf this saturday. They were victims of that recent Q street fire, and as the flyer says, they only got two pairs of pants! So dig deep into your pocket for this one. And you don't even have to think of it as charity because there is an insanely great line-up. Here it is from what's up sacto, but I don't think this is right. I know the Pizzas are playing, so I don't know if one of the other bands dropped out. I can't wait to see the Pizzas! And the oh sees!!!!!


Sat, 11/17 - THEE OH SEES / NURSES (SF) / STANDARD TRIBESMEN918 Douglas Ave in Davis - 7:00, $$$$DONATE$$$, all ages Benefit party for Klinger & crew (housefire)

And then let's talk about friday. There is too much going on, way way too much. In fact, I'm rather distressed to see that Knock Knock is playing at the Java Lounge, because my heart belongs the Mantles and Ganglians house party show. I can't fucking wait to see the mantles with their new line-up, now with Drew and Lambie Roberts. This one's so much on the d.l. that I don't even know where they house is but I'll get back to you.
Also, if you can believe it, Six Organs of Admittance is playing at Time Tested earlier that night!
Sat, 11/17 - SIX ORGANS OF ADMITTANCE (solo acoustic style)Time Tested Books, Sacramento - 7:00, $Free!, all ages Part of a small West Coast record store tour, 7PM is the REAL start time!
OK, then let's talk about tonight. 58 degrees is having a cool event. They're tapping a cask of beaujolais nouveau tonight and selling it for six bucks a glass until close, and all French wines are ten percent off! I hope to have time to hit it up.

5 comments:

HK said...

In trueness, I only got one pair of pants, but I did have to buy another, so now I have 2.

The final lineup for this show is Ohsees, Standard Tribesmen and The Pizzas.

3 of us were effected in our home including by BF and our roommate, Chris. We'll probably also end up giving money to our upstairs neighbors who tossed some cash our way too which is super sweet. They lost much more than us.

We lost a lot of stuff, including clothes, guitars, our bikes, most of our kitchen stuff, books, art, computers, and a bunch of other junk.

Thanks for the plug Heckasac. You're Heckacool.

-hk

Anonymous said...

hey, i have the details for the mantles house party show....well, no exact address, but this is close!

on J and 23rd (the greenhouse) @ 8:00

The Mantles
The Ganglians
Pregnant
T

Anonymous said...

And a bit of a self-plug for Friday - Movies on a Big Screen is showing "You Think You Really Know Me: The Gary Wilson Story" -- which seems like it might be of interest to some on here. What with it being Gary Wilson and all... 7 PM. 5 bucks. New venue at 600 4th St in West Sac -- just over the river at 4th & F - in *West* Sac.

Anonymous said...

More Fryday Plugs:

Knock Knock
San Kazakgascar
Rademacher

@Java Lounge 2416 16th St.
8:30pm, all ages, $5

---Jed

Anonymous said...

Sorry fo' the MYYoZZ setup delays.. my being "hammered" wasn't "helping things".....

Warm Streems = Godz
-----Whause