Wednesday, November 28, 2007

what's a juggalo?

I'm sitting here listening to bone thugs on my pandora.com radio station (have you guys made a station, it's amazing! they play songs that surprise and delight me constantly) and I was reminded of the astonishing vice magazing article about the juggalo convention at which the bone thugs played. you have to read it! hope the dirty ads don't get you in trouble at work. This is my ICP favorite lyric quoted:

What is a Juggalo? Well he ain’t a phony / He’ll walk up and bust a nut in your macaroni / And watch you sit there and finish up the last bit / Cause you’re a stupid-ass dumb fucking idiot.

There was just a new yelp of Akebono, so I thought I'd put in my two cents. I was prompted to go there by Mike Dunne's mention that they have ramen. The more ramen I eat, the more respect I have for Edokko II's ramen, because it must be damn hard to get it right. I got the shoyu ramen at Akebono. The broth was bland and thin. The dish was uninspiring, and not that filling. I was still hungry after I finished the bowl. At edokko II I can rarely finish my bowl, and I usually eat the leftovers for lunch the next day, for the same price. And not because it's giant, it's just really rich and complex tasting and filling. OK, and fatty and salty, I'll admit it. That's how I want my ramen to be.

Now pandora is playing tupac. thumbs up! It's cool that they play the unedited versions and not the radio edits.

10 comments:

beckler said...

woah! i never knew in that yung joc song the female rapper (brandy hambrick) was saying "chewin' on the pussy like a piece of bubble yum"

beckler said...

now they're playing scarface's fuck faces! so good! i know you're stoked on constant updates on what pandora.com is playing. usually i send them to smiller but he's not at work today

beckler said...

jesus christ this song is nasty! i've never heard the uncut version

Anonymous said...

I love Pandora for work, I have several stations depending on my mood.

Jugalo's fascinate me.
May I suggest watching their videos on youtube, Jay can suggest this particular one that will make you realize how fucking dumb they really are.

Biz?

-Natalie.

Anonymous said...

remember when the Jugalo went on an axe rampage in a gay bar a couple of years ago? His myspace profile was way over the top... lots of gun photos and nazi tattoos, and a song by ICP about chopping people up with a hatchet.

nice.

Anonymous said...

Fun fact: the original cook/owner behind Edokko and Edokko II now runs Akebono. Glad they've kept the ramen going at Akebono but I've got yet to try it.

Son_Of_Sac said...

Hey Beckler,

Any chance you could check out my site, www.SacUnitedSoccer.blogspot.com, and show some love would be great.

Also, The East Sac Midtown Taqueria is a great place. Tell them the soccer blog sent you and they'll hook you up (our only sponsor, small but we'll take it). The food is bomb too!

I'd love a link on your site if you could too, thanks!!

You'll see your link on mine.

beckler said...

Sorry I only link my very favorite blogs, not all sacramento-related blogs. I'm not interested in sacramento soccer. Or sports of any kind, really. But good luck!

Anonymous said...

Which is funnier, Sacramento soccer or Juggalo Nation?

Anonymous said...

I like hip hop/rap but living in Japan and watching little kids dance to b+++h this/that there`s just something wrong in that.Even on the radio they play things like motherfucker,ballsucker shit.It was funny but now it`s old.Japanese Radio is mostly hip hop/rap now--rock n` roll is for old people.If ya like rap/hip hop stick with Poor Righteous Teachers and De la Soul..
Ramen should greasy.Guess the previous name of the prefecture thatI live in (Kumamoto is the present name) for a 3 pack of kyushu ramen...
jay