Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Witch!



Soo.....I thought that I was dead set on seeing the Ganglians this friday at Javalounge, only cuz they haven't played a show in so damn long, but last friday I ran into friends who had just been out to West Sac to Movies On A Big Screen to see Nosferatu, and they told me that they were screening Suspiria this friday.  I love this movie sooooo much!  Even seeing these stills from it is giving me chills, as much from the fashion and decor as for the gore. And thinking about the soundtrack! I think maybe I will have to try to do both, especially since Suspiria screens at seven.  Wow, the week after that they are screening a documentary called "Orgasmic Birth".  Hmm....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Suspiria! My favorite part is the German Shepard in the square. It's so funny.

gbomb

beckler said...

Hey, I just watched "Au Revoir Les Enfants" the other night, and there was this scene where the two kids skip out on going to the shelter and get up to mischief, and one of the things they do is go into the kitchen and roast chestnuts in a pan. Those are in season, right? Has anyone tried roasting them? Is it good? I know it's not really cold here yet, but that looked really cozy.

fft said...

roasted chestnuts are the best. very french. you can get a big bag for a euro. someone should do this outside of shows ...

(oh man my word verification is "gurpled"!)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was going to say the only place I have had roasted chestnuts is Paris. A euro buys you way too many. Two is about enough.

gbombe

Anonymous said...

"How about roasting some of deez."

"Deez what?"

"Deeez nuuuuuts!"

BTW, I agree 100% about "Suspiria." Saw it once in the LBC with Nate Dogg and the Lady of Rage...

Anonymous said...

Or you can buy chestnuts from my dad: http://chestnuts-for-sale.com/

-Jed

Anonymous said...

or at most asian markets. They're good boiled too.

JD

Anonymous said...

why does Snoop walk around with an umbrella?

fo da drizzle

wocka wocka

beckler said...

I can't believe your dad was first to jump on that website name. It must have been hotly contested. That's rad he tells you how to prepare them. I wouldn't have known to make a cut in the shell. And we finally figured out how to tell if the flue is open or closed so i may even be able to roast them over an open fire!

Anonymous said...

If you like Suspiria see Picnic at Hanging Rock (though you've probably already seen it). Same creepiness, little more subtle.

-- Patrone