Thursday, December 09, 2010

Brazilian blowout!

Don't laugh at my flier! I am no graphic designer. And I had a lot of information to convey. I hope you all will come to our screening at the Verge (NEXT Thursday, not today). This one is going to be really fun. Liv is in touch with Les Blank (he's the documentarian who made the movie about the making of Fitzcarraldo! He seems like he's a FOH-friend of Herzog) and he is letting us send him 100% of door as payment to show his doc. in public, so that's why we need to charge five bucks.

My sis, who works at Canvas Salon on J st., is offering 50% off Brazilian blowouts and she wanted me to put the word out. She gave me one and I love it! I get a lot of compliments on my hair lately. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch.

My interview with Alice Waters is in this weeks SNR. I think it came out well. She is Alice waters every minute the day! It must be tiring. The Sac 100 thing is interesting. I'm just glad the sexy twins are in there.

You know, in a world where things are constantly in flux (mayors come and go, mermaid bars open, mermaid bars close) it's nice to know that one thing never changes: the food at Tower Cafe is fucking terrible. It's sub-airport level food, and at the same inflated prices! That, and the combo of watching James Franco saw off his arm with a Gerber tool made for a very unappetizing evening. Franco is fine and everything, but that movie made me realize that "outdoorsy guy" is my least favorite look. Well, up there with "yoga guy" but there is some overlap. Put a guy in hiking boots and I become 40% less attracted. Top it off with a shirt with a yin yang on it or some design that has to do with mountain biking and I'm out. Sorry outdoorsy male readers, I know you're crushed now.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does the Brazilian blow out work? Does it straighten your hair permanently?
-Alisha

leon said...

Dude. I'm totally REI'ed out today. This post is a total blow to my ego.

beckler said...

Outdoorsy Jewish guy is different. Cuz neurotic and outdoorsy are like polar opposite traits, but with Jewish outdoorsy it creeps back in. I'm completely talking out my ass, btw.

The Brazilian blowout lasts 3-6 months I guess? It straightens your hair and makes it smooth. You don't ever have to blow out your hair (not that I ever did that anyway)and it takes away all frizz and curl.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a header!

g

Anonymous said...

that was a Phish shirt! change your mind at all?

summer

Liv Moe said...

ew

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Tower is the worst. I can't believe that people wait out in the rain to eat there. What'd you get, Boudin Aztecas?

-biz

beckler said...

My standard from when I worked at Tower, the earth burger. It's always gross. It's still gross. I just needed to check I guess. Those fries taste like depression to me.

Anonymous said...

God, don't they ever?

Anonymous said...

The Indigenous Tostada is pretty good. So is the Global Chowder.

-miller

Anonymous said...

Did the sexy twins count as 1 interesting person or 2 interesting people? Controversy!

-DB