Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Dreams do come true

 It struck me as funny that Babs chose to flop down in the doorway between the dining room and the hall. Totally in the way. Food stuff after the jump

I went to Macau Cafe for the first time in forever on Sunday. It has a long menu, and also lots of written specials on the wall so it's hard for me to know what to order. Recommendations would be welcome. I got the mixed BBQ pork and chicken. The pork was sweet with just the right amount of fat, and with the chicken it's all about that sauce, which is very salty and has chive and ginger. Delish.
I also got the sauteed lettuce with garlic and jalapeno. I've said it before: why don't more peeps cook lettuce? It's so juicy!

On Sunday, the Bananas played the Knockout, and as I posted Friday, I was hoping to go to a Sardinian spot, La Ciccia, and get he spaghetti with bottarga, and well, dreams do come true. This was fresh spaghetti, and it had breadcrumbs on top and a generous amount of olive oil as well.
 La Ciccia is a teeny, very cute spot, and friends who used to live nearby and love it just happened to be there! They have both been to Sardinia so I figured I had chosen wisely. I went solo at 6 so I knew I would be able to snag a spot at the bar and that worked out perfectly. The app I got was a half order of proscuitto di parma which they specifically mentioned had been aged 2 1/2 years. I don't know what they  normal amount of aging is. This was excellent with a glass of sparkling Italian rose. There are pictures of octopi throughout the restaurant and they have multiple octopus dishes including a tomato stew, so I hope I get to go back.

3 comments:

beckler said...

ugh the terrible formatting on this post. I wish blogger would try even a little to make this work better

Cody said...

The terrible formatting is an important part of the reblogaissance, IMHO.

beckler said...

like