Wednesday, June 20, 2007

dalta and dawn: never forget (ps I've copyrwrighted that phrase so don't try to steal it)

Marcus Breton recently switched from writing about sports to writing about whatever, so I guess we can expect more shit like this. Haven't heard an arena mentioned in awhile, how shocking that the former sports columnist would be the only one calling for it. Also, I don't know how often they check the comments for approval, but I sent one a little bit ago so we'll see if they post it. They better because it's not a link to my whale shirts. Besides, that would be pointless because so many orders are flowing in that it's backed up for weeks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't 'The Bee' often recruit its columnists from the sports section? R.E. Graswich started as a sportswriter, and if I recall, J. Freedom Du Lac was a sportswriter. And I think there have been others. What that means is that an alarming number of 'The Bee' columnists begin their journalistic careers kissing up to the Maloofs.

Perhaps it should go the other direction. Make Mike Dunne and Anita Creamer cover Kings games.

--Harry Rag Batten Durstine Osborn

Anonymous said...

Don't get it twisted: J. Freedom's stint in sports - which was during his internship - was way before the Maloofs bought the Kings.

Anonymous said...

Isn't anyone else fascinated with the library financial scandel in today's bee? Perhaps as a former SPL employee it holds more interest for me in the dramarama department cos I know who all these people are. The library systems been in the news alot lately. Maybe if they get enough attention the Central library could actually be open on Mondays. Just like a real city library.
maybe J i A shouldn't N sign A this. You never know who's reading.

Anonymous said...

A. That was incredibly sneaky anonymous.

B. Anonymous bee fan are you quoting America's Next Top Model? Because if you are, then right on!

gbomb

Anonymous said...

You'd think SPL would've learned by now. Any other former employees remember when the head of accounting quietly disappeared back in the Fall of 2002? Turns out he'd managed to not balance the books right and SPL lost quite a huge chunk of change. I can't remember the exact amount that SPL ended up losing out of their budget, but I do remember that there was some kind of buyout for his contract that cost an equally large amount.

Anonymous said...

I admit that I like Marcos.

H. Conway esq.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's right! Wasn't the figure insanely high, like 6 figures? And you all thought libraries were boring...