Monday, June 11, 2007

just another friday night in sac

I had the most Sac friday night possible, and it didn't involve Euro lounging, or valet parking, or a wine bar, or any of that psuedo-sophisticated crap that certain developers and city leaders are wishfully hoping will be the future of Sacramento. Instead it started with a delicious (and vermin free) five dollar meal at Los Jarritos (I'd like to extend my congratulations to them on their reopening after a two day closure for cockroach infestation-no big whoop). Smiller got the ceviche, which didn't cause him any ill effects, and I got yummy and greasy chicken tacos and we both got rereshing Modelo Especials. Then we headed to an off the chain concert by Knock Knock at Cesar Chavez park (click on picture if you want to see details, such as JerPer's outfit)



Aww..so cute!
These two are naturals on the big stage
Maybe not Knock Knock's biggest fan, but he was into it.
Three of these ladies were doing a coordinated dance at one point. Jerry Perry is probably clutching a stack of Alive and Kickings and I would like to say for the record that I'm disappointed in him for putting Warp Eleven on the cover. Worst band ever! Let's hope the A and K curse continues and they break up.

This bellydancing diva got thanked from the stage by Connie for the hard work she was putting in. After the concert in the park there were a ton of different things going on, but we chose to go to a house show featuring some up and coming young bands by the name of David Copperfuck and Connie Fucking Francis. Hey it's hard to think of band names! At least they're not full sentences like some names these days.
Here are some of the members of David Copperfuck. They were very fun and their seven inch is pretty good.
Here's a picture of Connie Fucking Francis at work. They do punk style Connie Francis covers. OK, not such a great idea, but entertaining for a little while. Fun bands are back, and I'm excited! It was a really fun night, with lots of bike riding, MAYBE a couple of illicit substances (I'm not admitting to anything) and friends all over the place. And that's what Sac is all about!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the girls with us, so had to head home before Knock Knock took that stage. But Maya wound up dancing with that crazy bellydancer during Agent Ribbons set and I didn't know if my reaction should have been, "Aw, how cute..." or "Sweetie, remember that talk we had about strangers...?" Anyway, a fun night; what I saw of it anyway...

Take care,
J.

Cody said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4gDX72uvYxI

Here's a video of Knock Knock (and their dancers). Sorry it's shaky, I was using my digital camera, and was laughing for some reason. The best part is when the guy rides through on his bike.

Alice said...

i am so glad someone caught that on film. it was one of the most sac moments i'd seen all year.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say Thanks to everyone who came to Old I on Friday! We had a lot of fun chanting, dancing and laughing with Rock the Light and Danny Offer. My cheeks were sore from smiling, I swear. I also wanted to announce the joining of a new member to the Ancient Sons team. David Aslanian (Rock the Light's guitarist) will be coming on board to play guitar/keyboard stuff with us! Recording will start SOON.
peace & love,
the ancient sons

Anonymous said...

By the way,

The Ancient Sons rule. We need a recording.
Especially of that Sasquatch song.
-heckamax