Thursday, December 04, 2008

Hunx and Punx

Red Kross.  So that probably got like two people's attention.  Do you like Red Kross?  The show tonight at the Funcastle features a Red Kross-esque band (Harlem-dumb name, I know) that I quite enjoyed last night.  It is also, sadly, the Standard Tribesmens last show.

Last night I was stoked to see Hunx and His Punx.  Watch this video to see why.  With animation by Janelle.

They have a new 45 out and it features a fully nude, front and back cover of Seth with a scratch off part over the bits.  I gladly scratched it.  Impressive.  All the dudes were dressed in nylons with nothing on underneath and big red bows around their necks.  That's the kind of Christmas present I like.

Harlem also played and then, most exciting of all-The Rantouls.  They are playing in Sac in January. Stoked!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate nuts under nylon.
Just hate it.
-Natalie.

beckler said...

I thought I hated it, but then I saw it, and I liked it.

Anonymous said...

I suppose we will agree to disagree on this one.

-Natalie.

Anonymous said...

I am pro nuts in nylon. As long as they haven't been in there too long.
gbomb

beckler said...

is this the birth of a new internet acronym? NIN

Anonymous said...

whats too long?
A nut does can't stay fresh long in all that synthetic.

natalie.

Anonymous said...

I think it depends on the particular nut, the temperature and humidity.
It's hard to give a temporal estimation, but it is easy enough to tell when it has been too long.

gbomb

Libby said...

Red Kross was in one of the all time greatest movies ever made -- "The Spirit of '76" (also starring Leif Garret, David Cassidy and Moon Zappa.)

Anonymous said...

Weren't the Redd Cross dudes also in "Gas Food Lodging," along with J. Mascis?

Anonymous said...

"Desperate Teenage Lovedolls" was the best!

-Charvey

HK said...

Dude, he sounds just like Nobunny!

Anonymous said...

I think Justin writes his songs. Also he's one of the Punx.

-miller

Alice said...

that was one of the best videos i've seen in a long time. but it needs more animated animals in it.