Tuesday, January 10, 2017

for MEN

Work project that I don't want to do = looking for R. Kelly Reno tickets online. It's this Saturday! His tours get scheduled in the tweakiest way. I check often enough, so I should know. I'm bummed I missed his Christmas concerts with the giant puppethead R. Kellys on stage. His Christmas album was (shockingly) phoned in. Not any classics on there. I didn't listen to his last album, Buffet, much either. I guess his daughter was on it, under the stage name "Ariiraye". Try to say that name three times fast!

The Bee had a story about local bathhouses today, mostly about Asha, and they mentioned that Korean one in Rancho that's for men only. It's come up before when I've looked for a local Korean spa. I can't tell if it's legit or sexy, which doesn't really matter since I can't go anyway, but here was an interesting Yelp review:

It is what it is. It is a place for MEN to soak in a cool tub. It is a place for MEN to soak in a hot tub. It is a place for MEN to relax in a steam sauna. It is a place for MEN to relax in a dry sauna. It is a place for MEN to exchange massages. It is a place for MEN to relax enjoying TV And free water, sodas and some sort of food. On the days I've been, one day the food was fried KFC, one day foot long hot dogs, one day sandwiches. Always have doughnuts.

5 comments:

beckler said...

there is an accent over the "e" in Ariiraye, which makes it harder to say

Anonymous said...

Funny, cuz i heard that place actually isn't what it is.

JD

beckler said...

I'm glad there's "fried KFC" sometimes. Nothing I like better than a steamy sauna and a greasy piece of chicken

beckler said...

I've been touching so much base at work today, with more base touching on the calendar for tomorrow

Anonymous said...

I have driven around that building twice and it looks so sketchy. Maybe it's knowing how well they do things at the K-Town spas in LA, I couldn't really see myself going into that spot even if it was for women. The promise of being able to eat donuts while soaking is somewhat tempting, but still....

DKK