Monday, November 06, 2006

what a weekend!


Quite a weekend. Some idyllic time in the country was bookended by the Shiny Objects screening on friday, which was well attended, thanks in part to the Midtown Monthly cover story, and was followed by a lively Q and A with the director, complete with semi-heckling by Dave Smith.

Then on sunday, Midtown Monthly pulled some strings and I was able to get into the booked-for-months sunday portion of the weekend-long celebration of the ten year anniversary of the Waterboy. There was so much love in the air that I'm getting choked up thinking about it. I finally got to meet Rick Mahan and he was so friendly and rad! I'll be writing about it in Midtown Monthly in the December issue. I think I'm going to the very reasonably priced thursday night dinner that they have once a month the menu is under events on the website). This month it's on november 16th, early cuz of Thanksgiving.

I missed Olsen's bday celebration cuz of the Waterboy thing but I'm guessing it was very fun. Any party reports? Hope it's ok I stole this photo to post.

12 comments:

beckler said...

RM-is it ok if I blog those photos?

Anonymous said...

sure. rm

Anonymous said...

Did Olsen intentionally dress like Teddy Roosevelt, or did his 1929 accidentally regress to 1908?

beckler said...

party photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosemaryellen/sets/72157594353349891/

beckler said...

thanks for the report!

Anonymous said...

we went to LA this weekend with your sister, the littlest Smith. we now know all of your secrets Dave....

all.... your.... secrets.....
liv

Anonymous said...

We are in the process of revoking Smif's White Trash membership card because he is actually descended from the Spanish Jews. Oy vay, what a skeleton in the closet that is!

Love,
ZOG

Anonymous said...

O R They?

Love,
Shecky Zogstein

Anonymous said...

Speaking of ZOG, this is how Liv and i spent our weekend:

http://www.thebeastlybombing.com/synopsis/

Guaranteed offensive to nearly everyone!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's:
http://www.thebeastlybombing.com/synopsis.html

Anonymous said...

Re: Borat

Does anyone remember this from around 1999?

http://www.istanbul.tc/mahir/mahir/

Love,
All Your Base Are Belong To Us

werenotdeep said...

I'm only just now seeing this since now I work somewhere where I stand up all day with a gas mask on or holding a knife (and surprisingly, no, I do not work as a WWI re-enactor) and then I've been working at Tower at night afterwords.

But no, Foster, The above picture was from the Heritage Party. DP specifically requested that I dress as T.R., so I did.

I mean, come on, do you think I can't tell the difference between 1929 and 1908? Who are we talking about here?