Friday, February 09, 2007

the biz busks

Wow, Pooja. Richest sauces ever, but in a bad way. However, there was good stuff, like the tandoori lamb. The raita was tops. I would go back and just get the lamb, some naan, and raita and a King Fisher. We got a sort of dessert naan that had maraschino cherries in it that was very funny. It still had the herbs on the outside but it was bright red with cherries inside.

I'm probably hitting up Grand Central Station deli on West Harbor tomorrow. Recommendations would be welcome. I want to try to fit in Sal's before deadline.

I get to go the opening of the new McCormick and Schmick downtown tomorrow for free grub and booze. If a corporate chain has to have a gimmick I guess the gimmick might as well be super fresh seafood. I am afraid I will get trashed. I hope they have oysters on the half shell.

So some of you may not be aware that for the last two months local music legend J B. "Beaumont" "The Biz" Baker has been busking at the same spot on second saturdays. This saturday he will have selected guests. It's sort of like someone has restarted the Moe Betterman show, but under an awning on 21st street. Does someone have the deets, like time and address?

14 comments:

fft said...

I think the opening is on the 15th.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Southport Coffe in West Sac? http://www.southportcoffee.com/
The stromboli sounds good.

I read that McCormick and Schmick has a $1.95 Friday happy hour menu that looks pretty good.
-Alisha

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plug Becks. Does anybody else think it's funny that we've been having our warmest most spring-like winter ever, and yet so far I've played in a rain storm, a cold snap and it looks like it'll be raining again this Saturday. It's like God himself is trying to put the kabosh on Rock 'n' Roll. Well you know what Beard-o, it ain't fuckin' working!
Anyway the "show" starts at seven ,and is at 915 21st St. Special guests this month include Heather Conway, Alec Roberts, and the Donger. At least they all told me they wanted to play. We'll see Saturday.
-biz

Anonymous said...

Drove by M&S today, a sign there says that the opening is the 19th.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, is the thing tomorrow night only for "invited" guests?

beckler said...

I'm going to the soft opening. It's on saturday. Mmm soft opening.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, someone, a dirty pooja joke?

Anonymous said...

Grand central.

Get the wings just to try them.
As far as sammiches, The cheesesteaks are suppose to be awesome.

I have figured out the crazier the sandwhich sounds, the better it is so be adventerous.

Anonymous said...

P.S. They have like 10 different hot sauces and a peppercini and pickle bar as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the soft opening is on the 15th and the public opening is the 19th... :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.google.com/search?q=pooja+joke&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

gbomb

Anonymous said...

A pickle bar you say?

-miller

beckler said...

why won't anyone believe that I am going there tomorrow night for the opening? I will, even if I have to smash a hole in the glass and cook the fish myself. Oops, I finally just checked. I swear they must have changed it because I wrote the 10th on my calendar weeks ago. fucking hell.

Unknown said...

beckler, will you bring me a burritto when you come to Japan?

thanks a million.