Thursday, February 22, 2007

Might as well face it I'm addicted to bread

Well, I thought the Bananas videos were cool, anyways.

There is an excellent superduper show coming up on saturday, read about it here.

A very exciting development is that Taylor's now has Old Soul bread fresh baked after 4:30. The baguettes are three bucks (a lot!) and on first bite (which of course I took in the store) I was like ho-hum, but then as I ravenously ate more and more, liberally coating my car interior in breadcrumbs, I realized that the miracle of this bread is how crispy the crust is without being tough at all. They also have crazy foccacias with cheese and crap.

Europa Market proved itself again last night. I was able to put out a good spread from stuff I got from their hot deli case, and I made a salad with one of their FIVE KINDS OF FRESH FETA! I got a big block for two bucks.

I have been craving famous kabob lately. Specifically the pita and yogurt. Just thought I'd mention that.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky--

Just wondering if you saw the climax golden twins at fools foundation the other night. They just played in Seattle and said Sacramento was their best show of the tour. And the bands they played with (charlambides and mv/ee) also spoke highly of the show. Was it as good as everyone says or just hype. Cause last night the Twins were in fine shape but the other bands put me to sleep. Could just be I don't much care for the stoney bearded ones, or maybe the lights down low, guitar drone just has a lulling effect. Anyway, just mostly saying hi. Hope you are well.

Aaron

beckler said...

you will have to ask scott about that. i probably just fell asleep reading the new yorker that night.

Anonymous said...

I thought they were pretty great. As good if not better than the last time they came through. Best band of the night for sure. I was a little bummed that MV/EE bailed on that show - they had something they wanted to do in SF instead. Classic Sac show tale!

Sucks about Charles Gocher!

miller

beckler said...

i can't believe lily allen is coming to sac! now if we can just get that arena built we won't be a cowtown anymore.

Anonymous said...

Actually, she just cancelled. I think she has some friends in San Francisco she wants to visit instead.

-miller

Anonymous said...

Noooooooo! Lilly Allen didn't cancel! Please tell me it isn't true!

-heckasadmax

Anonymous said...

have you checked out new roma lately? omg their twist bread is so good...

Josh Nice said...

this guy just turned me on to a cool trick: you know how sometimes your feta is just way too salty? yeah well if you put it into a new bath of water and let it sit, the saltiness is tempered. you can keep changing the water until it's as salty or unsalty as you like!

Anonymous said...

Maxwell! I'm just yanking your chain. She's still playing. But it got moved to Ironsides. And she's opening for Sex Rat. Early show, Sunday matinee, all ages. $25. 5 Pabst minimum. Goth dance party immediately afterwards.

-miller

beckler said...

i actually just take a bath with my feta until it's not salty. j.k., that's a good trick cuz the bulgarian feta was a little too salty.

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooh Miller! Nobody punks Maxwell! Nobody! You watch out buddy, cause when you least expect it....you'll be PUNKED.

The punk is on.

-heckamax

Anonymous said...

I'm too punk to be punk'd bra!

-miller