Thursday, November 06, 2008

Beer and wine is fine.

OK, this it totally fucking ridiculous!  One thing that struck me when I was in Portland (which our city is supposedly aspiring to be like) is that it feels much more adult and cosmopolitan because you can get alcoholic beverages everywhere, including really good beer at the Stumptown coffee shops that are all over the place.  What are we a bunch of Puritanical babies?!!? This is not Salt Lake City.  Does anyone have an idea of where I can take this outrage of mine, as far as letter writing, protesting, what I can chain myself to, etc.?

5 comments:

fft said...

Take it to Cohn, who, while rejecting Old Soul, probably will be giving Antigua, the new Latin-themed night club and restaurant on O and 21st, a license and entertainment permit without much ado.

Jeff M. said...

You're not a fan of the Bee comments, but there are some pretty funny ones appended to this article. My fav:

"Welcome to midtown, where moldering, faux hippie refugees from the '60s live. Sure, they tell all their friends how great their "urban lifestyle" is, but in their heart-of-hearts what they really want is the quiet isolation of the exurbs." --desdemona5

Anonymous said...

Boulevard Park Neighborhood Association

beckler said...

OK, I sent an email to Steve Cohn and the BPNA. I'll even go to a neighborhood association meeting if I have to. Any other ideas?

Anonymous said...

This is the fucking heart of the beast. the clown who got the anti flyer law started in sac lives right there. 21st and I is NIMBY central.

-omf