Wednesday, February 02, 2011

those tricky Alkali Flats


Tomorrow (Thursday) night at The Crest is a screening of the movie Herb and Dorothy to benefit The Verge. Herb and Dorothy is the story of a postal worker and a librarian who amassed one of the worlds great modern art collections. They are cute as the dickens as well. And if that's not dramatic enough, there is going to be a panel discussion with Annabeth Rosenberg, STEVEN KALTENBACH, Robert Arneson, and Renny Pritikin. Those are some local arts heavy hitters. I can't wait! Doors open at 7, movie at 730. 15 bucks or 12 for students.

The Alkali Flats have a Kickstarter campaign to record a new album and the used the dastardly technique of an adorable child to rope me in. Check it out here.

5 comments:

beckler said...

oops, I guess Arneson is dead? So he will not be speaking tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Let him speak!

beckler said...

Would any heckasac reader be willing to assist me in replacing a rear tail light assembly? Upwards of 50-75 bucks could be involved. If you come to pick n pull with me to get it I will throw in lunch in an exotic south sacramento location.

Anonymous said...

I can help you if you help me make a etching in West Sac.

I am not doing much this weekend except reveling in the lack of Dave in my life.
Gbomb

beckler said...

I am also Davefree this weekend. I'll give you a call.