Friday, August 19, 2011

Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?

The screening last night was really fun.  Luckily smiller was there to dish out the Sac Treats or we would've been screwed.  The demand came hot and heavy.  The best thing about the screening is that the three ladies above came all the way from Locke because Mudhoney was filmed in Locke! Once you know that you're like, duh, of course it is.  And the ladies said that we should do a screening there and that there's a space for it!! We gotta hook that up.  Quite a few other movies were filmed there, including this upcoming one with Kirsten Dunst and Kristen Stewart in it.

Hold up, this is what Bon Iver sounds like?  I've got some video going in another window.  This is what people are so excited about?  It's so easy listening. It sounds like Peter Gabriel or something.  Kids these days.

After the screening, I rolled over to the Pre-Flite Lounge which I guess is sometimes open until 11?  We forced the poor bartender to stay open even later than that.  I made the decision to go with a tumbler of Jameson as my drink.  Not a good idea.  I have a touch of the shamies this morning.  I grabbed a yellow hat at the Verge jumble sale and was wearing it in a wacky way.  Oh well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the exact same thoughts when I heard Bon Iver too. How can "the young folks" be into something that's too smooth even for an old man like myself? Welcome to bizarro world, I guess.

-biz

Anonymous said...

Bon Iver=Iron & Wine= Sufjan Stevens= snoozefest. It's kind of like the NPR stereotype of cool music for the Volvo and Cardigan set.

Cody said...

I hope you guys are pronouncing it "Bon EE-VARE", otherwise some smarthmouth kid is going to correct you.

Anonymous said...

Screening of Mudhoney *was* fun. I'd forgetten that an RM film is always a comic-book-come-alive thing. Made me wodner how much of the area has been fucked up in the 40-some years gone by.

Ed

DB said...

Becks,

Looking forward to your upcoming autobiography, "I Grabbed a Yellow Hat at the Verge Jumble Sale and Was Wearing it in a Wacky Way".