Monday, August 15, 2011

TGIM


I had a pretty busy weekend, how about you? Busy yet I did not accomplish much.  Except fun, I guess that counts.  I hung out at Alley Catz for a while on Friday night.  That place is insane now.  It was chock full o' bros and everyone was getting these four feet tall towers of beer that you sit on your table and tap yourself.  That and kamikazes.  Also, I bought an extremely janky car this weekend.  '96 Geo!
 The tomatoes in my garden are now officially crazy. I had gazpacho for breakfast and will probably have pasta with tomato sauce for dinner.
 Random nail display in a mall in Richmond.
 Thursday I went to see the thing at the Nelson on Nate's show.  Tim Foster gave a great talk.  I'm looking at Nate's work in a new light after that.
 Breakfast at DeVere's.  Their breakfast potatoes are so good.  I think it's because they're practically deep-fried.
 I got the raw milk ice cream sundae from Ginger Elizabeth and I thought this one was just ok.  The caramelized pie crust was basically candy, which made it a bit too sweet.  The plum compote was also overly sugary and tasted more like jam than compote.  However, I'm glad I tried it and smiller got a macaron that literally gave him goosebumps.  And he doesn't even like sweets!
 Something he always likes, however, is brew and did you know 58 Degrees has totally stepped up their beer selection?  They are now the closest place to my house to get a good brew.

 You can tell from the MidMo article on the DAM Haus that it's difficult to get a really good photo in there, but I tried.
 You can kinda see how hot it was in there.  Charles was great!  This is Wounded Lion.
 I tried to capture the beauty of the tent over the Buddhist Bazaar but didn't really.  Did you know it's the 65th one?  I vote it to be the cutest local event.
 Spicy tuna roll, pretty good.

 Udon, good as always.
Phew! TGIM.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that Hilltop Mall in Richmond? That was my mall growing up. Worked at the Hofbrau.

Jed

Liv Moe said...

I would prefer we never speak of the Richmond Mall experience ever again. JK

I'm bummed I missed the Buddhist Bazaar! Instead I napped for 3hours... stupid, stupid!

leon said...

How do the prices at 58 degrees compare to Pangaea? I LOLed when I saw the $10 bottle of Redemption.

Anonymous said...

I was told the sommelier at 58 Degrees helped with the wines at Pangaea, so I guess they returned the favor?

Love the new shop at Pangaea, even though the prices are about $2-4 more per bottle than I've paid outside of Sacramento. It's more comfortable than City Beer and their selection is pretty great so far.

-Z

yolkie said...

Come out and see The Best Summer Ever Band at press club tomorrow 9 sharp! I'd like that.

undercover caterer said...

I missed the Japanese Bazaar this weekend, such a bummer.