Friday, July 02, 2010

Look deep into their eyes

Before we get to brew awareness can I just say how much I hate it when people call the state fair "ghetto" or make jokes about getting stabbed or shot?!?!?! I fucking hate it! The state fair is one of the most racially integrated events that goes on in our area, which I guess means "ghetto" to some people. Drop those stupid jokes, already! If you want to avoid any hint of tension or fights, do not go to the midway late at night especially on weekends. Easy. That's where teens looking for trouble or excitement hang out. OK, on to brew awareness.
I checked out Samuel Horne's Tavern in Old Folsom last night. It's a cool spot. Folsom is weird. It freaks me out like Granite Bay does. All the sudden there are women with obvious plastic surgery all over the place acting like it's totally normal. Anyway, Samuel Horne's has decent food and is cozy and cute. They have rad old beer signs and ads all over, including this big metal Natty Bo sign with Mr. Bo on it.
They also have Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabasas on draught! Fuck yeah! And some Goose Island beer. They only have American craft beers, so it's the perfect place to hit up on this most patriotic of weekends.

We finally did our first puzzle since we got Babs! We always figured she would destroy it but she didn't.
Kaiser aptly described the cats as staring into your soul. The artist, Mimi Vang Olsen does very expensive commissioned cat portraits. Here are some more.

I recommend you smoke some salvia and stare at these.

We FINALLY have some good movies playing in Sac right now. Big thumbs up to Winter's Bone at the Tower. The Crest opened a movie that all critics are shitting over right now, starring Smiller's beloved Swinton, I Am Love. Also the Joan Rivers doc opens and I will watch almost any documentary.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Starring Tilda Swinton as: Tilda Swinton playing a character that Tilda Swinton would totally play!

I loved Winter's Bone!! I think it was on its last day yesterday though.

-miller

yolkie said...

nope it is still around till Thursday at least. I guess I will have to check it out.

Loved the dayrage story!

Dunno if you have heard but I'm trying (and trying to get everyone else) to have the best summer ever.
Check it out!
bestsummereverblog.blogspot.com

beckler said...

you're not going to trick me with another one of your blogs! i get attached and then you never post. you better post!

Anonymous said...

There will be no topping the 100 blog!

Winter's Bone is depressing but rad.

-miller

Anonymous said...

Winter's Bone was awesome. I keep thinking about it.

-GW

yolkie said...

I promise a post for everyday of the summer will happen.

And honestly there is no topping the 100 blog.

And heck, I might even kick start the old blogs. I had no idea anyone was really reading.

Anonymous said...

I adored Winter's Bone. I had a really hard time taking Precious seriously, but Winter's Bone was soooo good. Talk about a fucking tragic yet riveting coming of age story! Loved it!
-Olivia