Monday, August 23, 2010

reiteration

OK, you know the drill. Screening of El Topo tomorrow (Tuesday) at the Hub, 7:30, 3 bucks. I hope you will attend! If you didn't come last month, let me assure you that the movies actually look quite nice projected on the wall, the sound is good, and the air conditioner works.

Pictures from the weekend. I found this dog buried in the sand at the South Yuba River. I gave him some scraps and left him there. I think he is a native South Yuba Sand Dog.
so true, so true
I wrote about Asian Cafe in this months MidMo (and was very gratified to see they have it posted in the restaurant!), but I want to reiterate that you should check this place out! This is the chicken larb. It was even better than the last time I had it. It wasn't as salty this time, and the chicken pieces were larger. The meat is so smoky and moist and it is really strongly cilantro-ish. Not for cilantro haters.
AND you can get the papaya salad made with cucumber instead. Or rather you can get a cucumber and cherry tomato salad flavored in the manner in which Lao papaya salad is flavored. Brilliant! They are really friendly! It's cheap. It's healthy. Try it. 2827 Norwood Ave, a short jaunt from the DPH Thrift Town

No comments: