Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Paul Collins at Phono Select!

That's tomorrow at 730. Don't forget!

The Four Eyes, were, uh, they played "Low Rider" and "Smoke on the Water" if you get the picture. It was like they were playing soundtrack to a Time-Life "Heavy Rock of the 70s" infomercial.

I know it's lame to just link to the Bee, but there' s an amusing Shallit piece (total piece of Shallit) about the owners of Old Soul getting pissed about missing out on the airport contract (it would have been rad if they got it, I'm sure they could handle it), and about the new giant mural going up on Willys. I'm surprised at all the disses on Old Soul coffee in the comments. Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I had a cup of their Columbian a couple of weeks ago that was really good, although I don't love all their roasts.

Today's paper is filled to the brim with good news for local businesses. Paragary's at the airport and Mulvaneys at the Crocker. I love it!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will Mulvaney's at the Crocker have a cycling theme?

beckler said...

it will actually be bone marrow-themed

Anonymous said...

How about a bone marrow banh mi served from a food truck and paired with a Loire wine from Kermit Lynch? This could only be more perfect if the new Crocker was on Stockton Blvd.

Cody said...

Ha ha, anonymous totally just referenced stuff you like. It's like you write about things you enjoy on your blog. He got ya!

Anonymous said...

I know it would totally be a ripoff, so Mulvaneys probably wouldn't do it, but I am so charmed by the cakes they are serving at the SFMOMA.
http://beautifuldecay.com/2010/03/10/culinary-fine-arts/

Also, I had an AndyGator last night, I think it's probably Abita's finest beer, even though I am not a fan of high gravity brews in general. It's a maibock-like brew.

And I agree with anonymous, how dare you write about things you like on your very own blog?! (INTERROBANG) Please consider a Bud Light / NFL post in the future.

gbomb (home tomorrow!)

beckler said...

you know what's funny, cody is that until you just explained it i didn't know the person was making fun of me! i just thought they were making a weird joke.

i am not that stoked on kermit lynch wines, anyways.

beckler said...

I mean, I wont' say no to a good wine that was imported by Kermit Lynch but I won't necessarily use it as a cheat sheet to pick out an interesting wine.

like anyone cares!

Cody said...

Yeah, after I said that I realized maybe they weren't. I assumed that since they were anonymous they were. Either way... you know, whatever.

Anonymous said...

The website for Phone sez the Paul Collins instore is at 6:30 PM

beckler said...

Thanks. I emailed Dal to clear it up. He def told me 730

DJ Rick said...

That Paul Collins in-store better not be at 7:30 if he's gonna make it to load-in on-time at The Hub.

beckler said...

it's at 630. dal told me the wrong time

Anonymous said...

Wait, it just got moved to 9:30.

-miller

beckler said...

is that a joke? don't confuse people!

Anonymous said...

Wait, 8:47.

-miller

Anonymous said...

samiller, you told me 4:20!

-omf

Ol' Man Foster said...

that's 'smiller'

Anonymous said...

That was before it got moved to 8:47.

-miller