Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy 4/20!


And it's a happy 4/20 indeed because:
smiller got his license!
AND, we're going to the Grateful Dead Movie event tonight at Downtown Plaza. 7:30. Never before seen interviews with Jerry. Better by your tickets in advance or you'll need a miracle to get in.

Speaking of advance tickets, the dudes at Phono Select wanted me to say that they'll give a 10 percent discount on music if you come in to buy advance tickets for the Bill Cunningham screening to benefit Verge Center for the Arts on Friday. So go in, get a ticket, and buy a record. I just got the new Sonny and the Sunsets LP and it's excellent. Liv said the tickets are selling quick, so maybe think about picking a couple up.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Grateful Dead movie at the mall. So that's what America has come to.

-omf

Anonymous said...

The mall is the new Haight-Ashbury! Get with it dude!

-miller

yolkie said...

congrats smiller! We knew you could do it.

beckler said...

I WISH that's what America has come to. Wrap your head around the 3-D Justin Bieber movie, that's what America has come to.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the Bieb. Was it good?
jamattack!

beckler said...

How would I know, I'm too busy watching the Grateful Dead movie!

Anonymous said...

If you say so...
jamattack!

The Armeniac said...

Dang! I had to chose between canceling practice and going to see the Dead movie alone, my conscience won out and I didn't cancel practice. Would Jerry be proud of me?
PS: I celebrated 420n to the fullest extent of my capabilities after practice. Don't want folkd to think I'm slackin off here!

Anonymous said...

Jerry would've just said "I mean, DPs not a practicing head and that's OK man, that's OK, but you know, we're playing music for the fully dedicated heads out there who are, you know, trying to...get somewhere else besides, you know, where they...ARE. And we're trying to help take them there. And they're trying to help take US there. And it's a beautiful relationship man, a beautiful relationship. And I feel lucky to be doing what I enjoy and, you know, actually, you know, making some bread doing it. But it's not about the money, man, because, you know, I'd be doing this ANYWAY, you know for free. But it's a real trip that this happened. And that it's happening. And that this...convergence of heads happened, you know? And as this thing...you know, whatever this...THING is...will continue to grow & change and some heads like DP will move on to other trips and they won't necessarily need their minds blown by sitting in a theatre full of other heads watching me peel off insane solo after insane solo and maybe some awesome, hilarious footage of the parking lot scene wont really be his bag anymore, you know? And...that's OK, man, that's OK."

-miller