Friday, July 01, 2011

That's racist!

Has anyone else noticed that everything is going on this weekend is on the same day? July 4th?  I can only be in so many places at once, namely: one.  The other day at work I was wishing I could clone myself to get more work done and then I realized how much I would irritate myself if I had to work with me.

Don't forget the Paul Collins show on, when else, July 4th.  Here's my extremely truncated interview with him.  
 You know what was good about this coleslaw?  Warm bacon dressing.  And lots of fresh oregano and flat leaf parsley.
 This juicy bird was kind of a mix between the James Beard method (butter!) and the Alice Waters method.  I think James Beard would offend Alice Waters if they hung out, but I'm pretty sure he did go to Chez Panisse at some point.  Maybe wearing a kimono.  And maybe his kimono slipped open and his junk peeped out.  Oops!

 
 All I have to say about this picture is - That's racist!
 Tried a new Korean place in South Sac called 88 Tofu.  It's the only Korean place in that neck of the woods.  The vibe is a little weird but I liked the food.  Part of the banchan is that everone gets their own dainty fried fish.
 My camera seems to be on some misty "Captain Kirk when he looks at a lady" setting.  Hope water didn't get inside or something.  Their pickles are good.  I bought a bunch of them to take home.

 Their thing is tofu, and they have a lot of tofu-based soups.  This was a mushroom one.  Very shroomy.
 Their japchae is excellent.
 Spareribs: pretty good.  A little gamey.  Not as good as Pine Tree House.

Happy 4th!

2 comments:

Charles Albright said...

hi!

undercover caterer said...

James Beard did visit Chez Panisse and while I doubt he wore a kimono or showed his junk to Alice, it would give me great pleasure if he did. I admire her but she also annoys the hell out of me.