Thursday, October 27, 2011

how did Babs get up there?

I know you're supposed to talk about the earthquake on FB but I was just falling asleep when it happened and I yelled "Babs is on the roof!".

Did you guys know that you can eat in the Mulvaney's cafe inside the Crocker without paying admission to the Crocker and that it's reasonably priced and you get to eat Mulvaney's food in a sunlit courtyard?  The special of the day yesterday was lamb hash with root vegetables and an egg on top.  And they have beer and wine, too.

I recommend the prix fixe dinner at Ella.  They're offering it for the next few days and 30 bucks is a steal.  I tried both entrees and they're both really good.  Ella is so elegant and comfortable.  They really know their shit.

George Kuchar doc at the Crest  tonight!  7:30!  There's also a Charles Albright/Buk Buk show at Luigis tonight.  You could go to both things if you really want to rage.

Man, is the fall beautiful or what?  Besides the dry air, I'm stoked.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, there was an earthquake?
I didn't notice, maybe it was only for people on Facebook?

beckler said...

not just fb. i'm sure it was on twitter, too. it was around 1130

Anonymous said...

Twitterquake!

I slept right through it.

Natalie.

Charles Albright said...

it totally woke me up! I was tripped out all night.

See you in the bay area dudes!

Charles

ps. If you get done with the Crest doc, and want to drink a brew and damage your hearing, Charles Albright, Babs Johnson Gang and Buk Buk Bigups are playing at Luigi's tonight.

Anonymous said...

I thought someone was on my roof, too! My cat got all juiced and ran downstairs to look for intruders.

-DB

Anonymous said...

I just assumed it was PG&E continuing their month-long assault on our block late in to the night.

-miller

Charles Albright said...

DUDE! They have been working on this water main at like 7;30 am this past week. that has to be illegal.

Charles