Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I got crabs at my house last night.


Stupid fucking blogger won't let me upload a picture of a crab. I'm angry this morning because of a few things but one is that people respond to fog on the causeway by driving like complete fucking maniacs. Do most people besides me think they are immortal, or at least very, very difficult to kill? Why don't people understand that speeding only gets you there a few seconds earlier?

Anyways, the good news is it's crab season! They are 3.99 a pound at sunh fish on broadway right now and they are delicious.

Hey, whaddya know, now I was able to upload the blurry picture of a crab clasping his mortal enemies, lemon and butter, to his armored bosom (if a crab has a bosom). He must have heard those wise lines that Benjamin Franklin penned so long ago (like in the 1600s or something) "I keep my friends close, but my condiments closer."

New Midtown Monthly out tomorrow, get it....well, I can't find it anywhere either but I've heard if you go to the editor's house he has a coupla copies. JK, you can get it at Tower Theater and Temple coffee, I think. I don't know who's on the cover either, but I know that Gbomb gets a makeover within the pages. My next article for the December midtown monthly will be late night eating, so tonight after midnight I am heading to Yummy Guide down on Freeport with Smiller and the Armeniac.

For you New Yorkers out there, if I lived there I would go see this exhibit. I am bummed that there doesn't seem to be a poster related to this exhibition as I would give my left nut to have a print of the painting on the webpage.

17 comments:

C-had said...

Speeding in fog = bad, excessive panic braking in fog = worse. We probably drive next to each other a few times a week, I will try not to ram into you.

Anonymous said...

That crab looks like he is preparing to eat himself, with all he fixins!
-Natalie.

Anonymous said...

those crazy drivers are the same people who line up 45 minutes early at the gates at the airport and lick greasy frosting off of their fat fingers from their cinnabun. if we can't drive crazy or lick cinnabun in line 45 minutes before boarding begins, then the terrorists have won.

the midtown monthly is also available outside of pronto...the only thing that place is any good for.

-greg

Anonymous said...

If you come by the house looking for magazines, please bring beer. Some sort of exhange can be arranged. Actually, the new Midtown Monthly should start showing up today or tomorrow at your liquor store or coffee shop. Cut us some slack. It is still October, after all. Of course, Becky's column is as inspired as it is brilliant, so it makes sense that the masses are anxious to get their filthy paws on it.

-The Editor

beckler said...

I just found out there's a myspace and some punk is on the cover but I can't see who:

http://www.myspace.com/midtownmonthly

that reminds me, a friend had a brilliant suggestion that the next makeover should be ground chuck! i don't know if he'd do it but i'd love to see him in a suit.

fft said...

ground chuck is a fantastic idea!

ACK said...

Becky,
Did you try the ravioli with beets, ricotta, and poppyseed dressing at Al di la? I am still dreaming about it. Thanks for the restaurant tip!

Anonymous said...

Man, that's what I was gonna get there!! But the stupid temporarily discontinued subway line cursed me to get stuck in Manhattan - so I missed out.

-miller

ACK said...

That sucks. You really did miss out...it was just about the best thing ever. Next time you better swim over to Brooklyn if you have to. I am going to try and recreate it. If I am successful I will make you a batch.

beckler said...

I can't remember what I got! Brain dead! I remember what the others got and Ben did get a beet ricotta thing. And we got ribs and steak, too. It was so good! I would even trust them enough to order tripe there.

Josh Nice said...

ground chuck story:

my friend sarah was in france a few years ago at some punk show and started talking to some local dude. he asked where she was from and she goes, "california". he's like "oh, do you know ground chuck?"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be thrilled about any of the comments regarding his need for a makeover.

Patrone

Anonymous said...

Yummy Guide? Are the people over at Yummy Choice aware of this? Or is this just an expansion of the same Yummy empire?

-Dave

beckler said...

Hey I didn't mean any diss on his appearance at all, I just thought it would be cool to see him in a suit, as it is fun to see anyone in a suit or dressed up when they never dress up. I'm deleting the insulting comment.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know why I feel the need to defend myself.

My comment wasn't about changing the way chuck looks, it was about trying to improve his health. I love him. He loves me. We've discussed the matter. We're cool.

But obviously I have done something to somebody.

gbomb

beckler said...

I should have said "potentially insulting comment". I don't mean any offense to anyone. Except Rob Fong.