Friday, January 04, 2008

begin with beerhunter, end with tubthumper

I think there's one thing that we can all agree on in these crazy, mixed-up, ring-a-ding times that we are living in, and that's the value of a good, honest pint.
Pulled by a real pro.
This guy is a cask manager at a British pub. Raising a pint is his job.
RIP!

Wow, Safeway is being surprisingly responsive. They have currently passed the buck to some California grocer's assn, but at least they are getting back to me, and they answered my complaint email, too, and asked for more information on what stores I'm talking about. It seems like the (short) article might become real for the April MM issue (earth day-related).

How about this wind, huh? A tree crushed a house like two blocks from mine. I couldn't sleep because of constant dreams of the ceiling falling in, etc. It's kind of fun to have real weather for once.
Four Eyes Christmas show set list, anyone? with asterisks next to my personal faves. two asterisks next to songs that I fucking hate but which the foureyes made me love
sunshine of your love
luca
magic man
two princes/semi charmed life
California love
wish you were here
take me home tonight*
smile-lily allen
SHE'S LOST CONTROL*
cause I got high**
rave on
crazy-gnarles barkley
bang a gong
kodachrome
the weight**
the night they drove old Dixie down
atlantis*
touch of grey**
psycho killer
love is a battlefield
here I go again
mongoloid
ragdoll
splish splash*
my girl wants to party all the time
sweater song
livin on a prayer
don't stop believing
roy orbison..CRYING
GIGANTICbody count (on with the)
papa was a rolling stone
blister in the sun
cant touch this/superfreak
losin my religion
dance magic dance
try a little tenderness
rocket man
whats so funny about peace love and understandingAllison
the aeroplane over the sea
graceland
redemption songs*
creep
lonely teardrops
sharp dressed man**
BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN
don't do me like that
man in the mirror
the lion sleeps tonight*
we built this city on rock and roll
come on Eileen
islands in the streamwe are the world
tubthumper**

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because I Got High finally got un-stuck from my head yesterday. Nice to have it back.

-miller

Anonymous said...

You know that seems to be the one that I have had stuck in my head the longest too.
If that show or really even just reading the set list doesn't make you happy to live in Sac then apparently you are some sort of robot.

fft said...

if you keep leaking good story ideas on your blog PEOPLE WILL SCOOP YOU. yes, MM is there ...

beckler said...

surely no local journalist would stoop so low. anyway, are you talking about the bag story? that's not exactly hot stuff. serial?

Anonymous said...

Chumba Wumba - I get up again, or whatever that song is called I didn't see on the list.

beckler said...

are you referring to rub rumper?

Anonymous said...

Don't forget The Monster Mash!

Ahhwoooooooooooo.

beckler said...

monster mash acapella!

Charles Albright said...

Wait. Al? Did they play Tubthumper? Man, I was smoking a cigarette.

Charles

Alice said...

the one day i go out of town in like three months and the 4 eyes xmas show happens. you can't know how pissed off i was.

Anonymous said...

I really got to get gbomb to show you her picture of me pouring the "perfect pint" at the Guiness factory. I even have a certificate. It's awesome.
jamattack!
ps. so pissed I missed Touch of Grey.

beckler said...

oh well, you will get by.

Anonymous said...

but will I survive?