Tuesday, January 08, 2008

weinie royal

No way! June's got mentioned in this episode of the kitchen sisters!
Who knew that a weinie royal was a remnant of the internment camps?! And spam sushi, which they sometimes have across the street at Osaka Ya.

There's this event next week called "dine downtown" in which a bunch of local restaurants are creating three course meals for 30 bucks. I was all set to eat up until I looked at the menus and none of them looked that appealing, mostly because one of the courses is a dessert.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so interesting thanks.
-Natalie.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm...I love Spam sushi (aka Spam musubi)! It's even better when made with one of the spicy varieties of Spam, like Tabasco Spam...

President,
Sacramento Appreciation Society of Sacramento

Josh Nice said...

Raddest link in heckasac history. June's Cafe forever. But I will never eat Weenie Royale.

beckler said...

It's good! Yesterday June made smiller a special order of tofu and weenie teri. She loves him.

beckler said...

btw, josh, will you make me a buddy of your blog? I tried to comment yesterday and was rejected.