Monday, March 08, 2010

bullshit detector

OK, you guys have to help by being my bullshit detector. I guess on TermBo people have been talking about Kiedis' tweets, which are indeed pretty funny. If you go down the list, over a year ago he tweeted this: Scoping opening acts for our next tour - I'm stoked on this chick MOM from Sacramento http://is.gd/hRwK - laidback mellowship vibes

I wish they were real but I really think they're fake. What do you think?

Scored this at Time Tested this weekend. It's really fun to browse. Of course Darrell Corti has a recipe. It came out in the 80's so it's just a trip, man.
Touchez! Good show old chap!
Did you know that the Four Eyes are playing a half marathon in Old Sac on saturday? It's a run where they have bands stationed along the route. More details to come. There's also a competing event early saturday morning-a yard sale. I hope to maybe sell some clothes? Mark your calendar.
The Alkali Flats and Friends will be holding a "Big Yard Sale" at my place, the SW corner of 23rd & N street, on Saturday the 13th day of March, commencing at 8:00 AM.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know i say this about all bands, but Touchez kind of sounds like Eyeless in Gaza.

-chapstick

Anonymous said...

Now that i have a picture of your keys, i just need to figure out where you live, and I'm in!

Scary Internet House Robber

undercover caterer said...

I have that book too, it's hilarious (in a good way)!

916Dave said...

Yo. The run is on Sunday, not sat.
http://www.shamrocknhalf.com/bands

Anonymous said...

Ha! Photographic proof that you set everything down right on top of my keys! I bet my wallet is under there too.

-miller

Anonymous said...

you two!

-chapstick

captcha word: slucks

beckler said...

Oh, good, now I have a reason to get up early on saturday AND sunday. And that's my life!

Anonymous said...

I love that the 4 Eyes are covering the Old Sac leg.

-- Patrone

Anonymous said...

4 eyes stage is at 2nd and L st. Our time slot is 8:30 to 11am but we have to get out there and set up and pick up a generator between 6:30 and 7am. (streets closed to cars at 7) so well be hanging out there for a while.
Joel is mainly stoked that we'll have a generator, I think.

-Dave Ninja

Anonymous said...

Generator = keepin it real!

-miller