Thursday, August 05, 2004

And the Oscar for best village idiot goes to....


brody
Originally uploaded by becklerg.

1)I saw the Village last night and this morning I was having a dream that I was interviewing Adrian Brody, and then the interview started to turn into a date and then...my alarm went off. Goddamnit!
2)Have you hear the NPR commercial for the acid jazz show in which the guy with the whitest voice in history says "Get your funk here". Or is it "get your funk on" or "the funk stops here" Of course now I can't remember, but it's mortifying no matter which one it is.
3)Last night I had an interesting conversation about the arena with local sports expert Dan Barnes, in which I was saying that after reading Aileen Voison's article in the Bee, I could see how maybe the Maloofs weren't making any money. Dan pointed out that it was their own fault that they don't have a lucrative TV package because they screwed up a deal with Fox due to the fact that they were trying to start their own channel. Further, he said that Sacramento has been so supportive of the Kings during the entire time that they sucked that if they were to move the NBA would probably have to award us a new franchise. He felt that the threat of the Kings moving is empty. It just shows how easily swayed I am by a persuasive argument. I totally believed Voison. This is why I keep swinging between voting for Bush or Kerry. Kerry has that whole war hero thing, but Bush seems stupid, like me, and that makes me feel better about myself. On the other hand, Edwards is a "trial lawyer", which sounds menacing when Bush says it (he says it like he's saying "child rapist"), but he is cute, so I may vote for him. I like Bush's dog, Barney (actually, it's true that I have uncontrollable warm feelings for Bush when I see him carrying or talking about Barney-cuz what's cuter than a read dumb guy who loves his dog?). This makes me wonder, does Kerry have a potential first pet? Perhaps this will be the deciding factor.


No comments: