Friday, January 14, 2005

Gas attack!

Thanks for the link, Allen, that art's amazing!! I'm sure you've heard about the Cali bigfoot museum, right? Here's the info: http://www.bigfootdiscoveryproject.com/ It's really close to where my lab is having our retreat, so I may be able to go in April and report back. There's also another amazing website: http://www.bigfootmuseum.com/ I love the featured believer part. And you obviously need to order that patch immediately!

I was striding quickly down R street (oh I meant the R Street Corridor, Future Home of Wall-to-Wall Upscale Luxury Lofts TM) last night, keeping my eyes peeled for the Southside Flasher and as I approached Hitomi I was wondering again how it stays in business and thinking it looks deserted for a thursday night when lo and behold I caught a glimpse through the window and saw about 12 red hat ladies!! I almost waved but decided against it.

Ate at Lucca's last night. I won't write a long rant or anything, I just don't think I'll be eating there again. Cream sauce should not taste like they threw a dollop of mayo in there to flavor it up. Prawns should not be overcooked to the point of toughness. No one needs 10 whole roasted garlic cloves in their pasta. Not to be indelicate, but this led to the kind of gas that I have never experienced the likes of before. Luckily, I suffered alone, while reading one of the WORST ROCK BOOKS EVER WRITTEN! It's called (I think) Glory Days. It purports to be about Bruce Springsteen in the 80's (sounds great, right?) but it is really an interminable list of show after show and what Bruce said and which songs he played in what order. No personal gossip or anything! There was some cool stuff about the writing of Nebraska. I found out that he originally intended it to be a demo that he would E-streetify with synths and sax up the wazoo and that he only did 2 or 3 takes of some of the songs, which were the versions that ended up on the record. That album would be on my top ten albums of all time list, if I were ever to try to compose such a list, which I wouldn't want to do.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read that book - but I read the previous one which is about his rise to fame until Born To Run. Springsteen isn't exactly Zepplin or Ozzy when it comes to decadence (sp?). He likes to take it easy, spend time with the family and donate to charities. He DOES have a thing for red heads (gasp!), though. No real skeletons in that man's closet. Unless we are counting his style of rocking no shirt, leather vest and a huge silver cross in the early nineties. Nebrasaka rules. I must of listened to it six hundred times before I recognized that he F's up the chorus in Atlantic City.

Thanks for the bigfoot links!

Anonymous said...

The school is blocking my access to the Bigfoot links. What are the HIDING?

Alice said...

one of the links in the gift shop is for 'music.' the page was down so i couldn't check out what they sell. anyone wanna take a stab at it? maybe some field recordings of big foot hanging out in the santa cruz grass land with some native american flute behind it? maybe some drums and a rain stick?