Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Brewer? Shipley?

Brew Awareness. This is a beer made by Nogne (which I've heard pronounced "nig-knee-oh" what a crazy language!) and Mikeller (a collabo) that you can buy at (where else?) the Davis Co-op. It's called Tyttebaer (which in my house is pronounced "titty beer") It is brewed with wild yeast and Scandinavian cranberries, which may or may not be the same thing as lingonberries. Low ABV, fucking delicious. I wish I had my notes on what smiller said-he was getting all poetic about it. Something about gathering up the ground when you are camping and brewing a fresh, clean beer from it.
CH had a nachograduation party because now she's a doctor! These are marinated chicken hearts that her friend made. They were very good. They somehow had a hotdogginess to them. I ate probably ten of them and I must confess I had a little indigestion later, but it could have been from my liberal sampling of the hot crock of cheez.
My contribution was homemade salsa and carnitas that I got at La Esperanza.
This is like my childhood dream coming true.
Garden salad! My garden has now yielded two, count 'em, two salads.
I harvested my beets. Here are the greens....
and the beets. Not too exciting for you but exciting for me.
Here's a secret tennis club. Do you know about it? I hear Wayne Thiebaud is a member.
I have to save my dayrage pictures for MidMo but here are Razzles and the Capitol. Never under any circumstances should anyone ever eat Razzles. First a candy, then a gum, good as neither.
Which one is Brewer and which one is Shipley?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took one of the packets of Razzles home and was a little disturbed to find Conwad eating them. In fact she was just chewing them until they turned into gum and then spitting them out. Just a lover of baby aspirin I guess.
jamattack!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I ate all of your Razzles Jamattack! I admit that I like them...and baby aspirin.

-Wad

Anonymous said...

Brewer is on the left, right?

beckler said...

he looks kind of like my Uncle Dennis

Anonymous said...

Nøgne Razzlebaer? I think it's got potential.

HN

Anonymous said...

sutter lawn thats old school east sac shit..thats where i met the zacharias's and tony's the kings of the nacho cheese industry. my parents made me try to learn the game of tennis but i refussed when the coach wouldnt let me wear my black reboks on the courts. did anyone see E-40 in town monday? i heard he filmed a video at the soulfood place on broadway and my friend saw him at the safeway on 19th.

~hyphy