Tuesday, September 21, 2004

This wedding brought to you by Keystone Light

Dear God I am a horrible photographer. Those pictures from the wedding are atrocious. My pursuit of "candid" shots has led to a roll of pictures in which no one is looking at me, their eyes are closed, or they're making a really weird face. The only good picture is of the BBQ guys, and that's good because I had them pose. So I'm not posting the pictures because I don't want to bum anyone out on how weird their face looks. Plus, we were just there and not enough time has passed to make it fun to see the pictures, right? And I don't have time to scan all those pictures. Get off my back already about the pictures!

The only notable thing about the pictures is the sheer quantity of Keystone Light. There is even a picture of Michele, dancing, with a Keystone Light in each hand.

In other news, I wussed out on interviewing Pauly Shore and I hate myself because of it. I seriously sat there during the movie thinking about how much I sucked for chickening out. A self-hating Jew sitting in a theater watching a movie about a self-hating Jew who learns to love himself through the power of Sam Kinison, who was, and correct me if I'm wrong, a self-hating Jew. The serpent bites its own tail. And the movie itself? So-so. The best part was when Pauly was riffing (that's a comedy term) before the movie on hurricane Ivan being a Jewish hurricane:

Pauly using newscaster-type voice: Did you destroy anything, Ivan?
Pauly using Jewish old man voice: Eh, not so much.

What if Pauly Shore got a job at the Crest, like when Kevin Seconds worked at Java City? That would be awesome.

The Bee continues to trumpet Sheriff Lou Blanas' arena plan, with this article in yesterday's Bee:
http://sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/10811440p-11729425c.html

Some notable items in this article:

The statement that Tsakopoulos has "lent" Blanas at least $73,00 during his campaign for Sheriff. Is this the same kind of "loan" that the city gave the Maloofs a few years back? Meaning "a loan that you don't have to pay back".

Also this paraphrasing of the Sheriff is amusing: "A proposal the sheriff maintains is a potential victory for the Kings, sports fans, developers and the environment." I'm reading this sentence and I'm thinking, victory for the Kings, check, yeah, yeah, of course it's a victory for developers, then I read on, what? Victory for the environment? I mean, sure, if the Swainson's hawks get season tickets they'll be stoked, but what if they get pissed when Ostertag misses a pass and they claw his eyes out? And no way can the hawks and the field mice sit together. I think you all know what I mean.

2 comments:

Maya said...

"A self-hating Jew sitting in a theater watching a movie about a self-hating Jew who learns to love himself through the power of Sam Kinison, who was, and correct me if I'm wrong, a self-hating Jew."

Viva recursion!

I'm bummed you didn't interview Pauly--and with your fabulous new t-shirt on and everything--he definitely would have agreed to grace your pages with his eloquence, bud-dy.

beancounter said...

I can't believe the Bee is not shooting holes in Blanas' tall tale that it was his own idea, not Tsakopoulos'. The whole bit about Blanas running it by Tsakopoulos was hysterical. Who are we kidding? Those of us with previous dealings with AKT would know that fake ingenuousness anywhere.

And BTW, hello!