Wednesday, October 06, 2004

How cute is this?


area
Originally uploaded by becklerg.

This is Michele and I at an excellent Italian restaurant called Areo in Bay Ridge. Anna recommended it and it was quite an experience. The decibel level was somewhere between lawnmower and plane taking off. Actually, I guess you can just call that particular level: Italians. This is not a dis. I like it loud. We went with a big group of people and it was fun, fun, fun.

So NY styles, if you're interested: Not much new. The eighties thing has died out considerably. Everyone is very casual. I saw a lot of just t-shirts, converse and jeans. The only new things I saw were: galoshes everywhere (I tried to jump on the bandwagon, but all the stores were sold out because they're so popular), a hard to rock style known as pants tucked into boots (when it's good, it looks 70's, when it's bad you are a pirate, AAARRRR!), and the new jeans for hipster girls are Wranglers which I will not be rocking because they will turn my less than J-Lo but into something you could iron your shirt on. Not butt friendly.

No comments: