Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Real World San Diego redux

OK, I'll try this again, but from the way the blogspot site keeps trying to freeze up my screen, I don't have much hope that it will work.

I am back from Nerdoscience 2004. The good points: the house was like a Real World beach house and I got to have the ultimate Cali experience of going straight from a hot tub into the ocean. I got to see a famous scientist that wrote this book that we use in the lab and I, like an idiot, gushed, "We use this book all the time in the lab!", yeah, us and everyone in the scientific world that works with mice. He didn't visibly react to my comment. The bad points: learning waaaaaaayyyy too much about certain co-workers sex lives (the phrase "fucked like rabbits" was used-the horror!). Seeing nerdoscientists partying down by ordering multiple white Russians, which later led to explosive diarrhea and vomiting in the bathroom. Going to Hooters (although the Buffalo chicken sandwich is good) and having an awkward check-splitting situation emerge in which I end up looking like the bitch (I was just trying to point out who had shorted the check cuz I had already ponied up thirty bucks! For fucking Hooters!). There was a twelve year old boy who was celebrating his birthday at Hooters.

In my last post that got eaten, I noted that I went to the defunct S.A.T.T.A.S. Monday night at the Flame and it is still hoppin' even though the society has disbanded. I also made a bitchy comment about certain chop-chop haircuts being out of style but my hair looks bad today so I won't reiterate.

Oh yeah, and I endorsed Dad's over Fog Mountain for best new sandwich shop. Try it. It's good. Limited hours, though. It's open on Saturday, unlike Fog Mountain.

One last thing, there is continuing controversy in the comments about whether or not the Crest had some sort of deal with Century. I'll reiterate that I find this very unlikely. It sounds like a weird rumor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Dads too. The owners are very friendly and I like their color-scheme and signage. Have you ever been to 8th and S streets on Sunday around noon? There are a bunch of mexican food vendors on the street mostly selling to the folks that attend the Guadalupe church. It is pretty neat. I just had the corn on the cob because I was on my way to lunch, but I want to return for the tacos.

Anna