Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Stinkin' Linkin'

That entry title is funny to me because kids called my hometown "stinkin' Lincoln". And it fits because this entry contains links to other articles. See, jokes do get funnier when you explain them.

This interview with a writer for the Onion is funny:
http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2004/10/19/peter_koechley_staff_writer_the_onion.php#more

And this article about Bush in the NY Times Magazine is really scary:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/magazine/17BUSH.html

I had a nightmare about the Cinearts project last night. I feel so powerless to stop the city from making this mistake. Even if they weren't giving the Century Corp. so many unfair financial incentives, this is still a dumb idea because it won't increase foot traffic on the mall! Speaking of nightmares, the Knightmares are playing at the Save the Tower rally today. This represents a clear conflict of interest for Charles as a Crest employee. He will probably try to sabotage it by playing crappy. Perhaps the rally will be called off due to inclement weather, but I think the show should go on. If the Knightmares have to show their love for the Tower by taking a bolt of lightning, then so be it. Wouldn't that be cool if Joel got hit by the lightning and it inspired him to do the most awesome solo that has ever been heard by human ears whilst smoke came out his ears? That reminds me of when that guy that played Jesus in the Passion got struck by lightning. That shit was so funny. Read about it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3209223.stm What does G-d have to do to keep Gibson from slandering the Jews? I wish he would smite him already. I would smite the fuck out of him if I could. And to think of all the fantasies I had about him after that butt shot in Lethal Weapon. With that mullet cascading down his taut shoulders. Umm....I gotta go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was in the Bee news/govt. section regarding a meeting today:

Sacramento City Council: Tuesday, 2 p.m., City Hall, 730 I St. Discuss terminating exclusive rights to negotiate for CineArts theater complex at 10th and K streets.

I don't get what it means, is the 10th and K sight out now?

anna

beckler said...

I don't know. There's something fishy going on. I think maybe they are just trying to switch up the plan, but to still get some kind of megaplex in there that will probably show both mainstream and independent films.