Tuesday, June 20, 2006

crazy ass videos

The Pitchfork 100 Awesome videos is decidedly blowing my mind, on this most untypical day in which I can watch videos at work. There are so many good ones. I started with the Hasselhoff and from there I have seen Kate Bush do cartwheels, the Juvenile video for "ha" which is the first time I saw Juvey and I have loved him ever since, a video for Galang that reminded me why I liked M.I.A. before she stopped giving dumb interviews to Glamour and Elle, the dirty version of the Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Relax" video, and well, I'm just going to go back to watching but this is very exciting. This is why I've been saying that people (with more time on their hands than me) need to do youtube blogs in which they link the best stuff. When I do have time to watch videos my mind goes blanks and I just start searching for Luba.

And be sure to check the Kidzbop video at 2:37. You'll see.

10 comments:

werenotdeep said...

Hey! I put youtube on my blog sometimes! I just put up an FM Knives video last night, even.

Anonymous said...

"Aka Indiana LeBon and the Bizarre Mating Ritual. "Hungry Like the Wolf" gets a lot of credit for pushing music videos in a cinematic direction, but in retrospect it's largely mimicry: beyond LeBon's casbah table-flipping Harrison Ford impression, he does Martin Sheen's rise out of the muck and a little Aguirre, Wrath of God raft-riding. It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and sets off a few mild racism alarms, but Duran Duran's safari did at least liberate us from the empire of the performance video."

beckler said...

I watched that FM Knives video, too. I'm talking about blogs that are just one or two good video links a day. Someone with good taste needs to have one.

werenotdeep said...

Oh. On the grounds that good taste is required, I nominate that it's not me.

beckler said...

no, no. that's not what i meant. i meant that should be the whole point of the blog and that it should be for everyone in the world, or nation or something. ahh! i'm digging the hole deeper.

werenotdeep said...

I know you didn't mean that. But you should.

Anonymous said...

That Blur video has always gotten to me. It might be my favorite ever video.

-- Patrone

leon said...

Dang! I forgot how awesome that BDP video/song is.

Anonymous said...

I can't watch the videos at work, but is the Lucas with the Lid Off video on there? That video totally blew my mind in the mid-nineties and I admit to liking the song too.

-Connie

beckler said...

Nope, no Lucas video but many other good ones. Big Pimpin is such a classic. It has inspired countless ripoffs. It was the first yacht video, the first video I saw in which various liquors were poured on the chests of the video girls (Damon Dash got wayyy too into that, you're like dude, enough already), and the biggest butt I have seen on screen possibly to date.