Monday, June 02, 2008

sick o biscuits

Oh Amtrak, you are run by idiots. After a nightfull of nightmares about missing my train, I left way early this morning so that I could buy my 10 trip ticket to Davis, in order to avoid the increased traffic because of the you-know-what. Specifically, I arrived 11 minutes early. You would think that that would be enough time to buy a transit ticket, since trains tickets are something that need to be sold quickly in order to get people to their trains on time. Well, for the first five minutes I was in line, all three windows were open but the line did not move a bit. A man on the left was being told his expensive ticket he thought was valid for a year had expired and he was yelling about that. Then, the middle window closed. At this point the line had not moved and I had about 5 minutes to make the train. I left my bike to hold my place in line and went to the ATM in case I had to jump on the train without a ticket, which of course I had to do. Keep in mind that the line was not that long when I got in it with eleven minutes to spare. So, I jump on the train, justifiably peeved that I am going to have to pay like 10 bucks to ride one way, but guess what, the conductor never came around! Well, she did, but she just sat in a chair and shot the shit and then told everyone, "have a nice day at work!". Thanks, Amtrak!

On saturday I got up at biscuit-thirty to begin the biscuit extravaganza. Here is the result:
These are not all the biscuits, there were more out of frame. I went to set up at the rocknroll yard sale, and who should show up, but Skipper, with rival biscuits to try to make a monkey out of me. I showed him.
That's right, I'm posting a picture of myself, in semi-disguise (apron and sunglasses). Does this mark a new era of glasnost on heckasac? I don't know, but I just wanted to use the work glasnost. And yes, you can see by the Milwaukee's Best in the picture that I did do a wee bit of dayraging.
As the afternoon waxed, Jerry Perry was called on to judge whos biscuits were zoomin' whos. Here's Jerry thinking about how good my biscuit is. He said mine won. Take heart Skipper, two out of two scheming Germans preferred your biscuits!
Here's one half of Knock Knock performing acoustically. Some bad squid snacks put mikermike out of commission.
And here's Jaybiz performing. This was the best yardsale ever! I made ONE HUNDRED AMERICAN DOLLARS.
Later, we went to the show. The DAM house is so great. They have food and beer and soda and all the punkhouse decorations are just a cut above. English Singles were the best I've ever seen them, which means they were spot on. Right!
No Bunny were very good, and I enjoy when bands perform in their underwear, even if they are filthy.
Here's Heckamax about to drink the best drink of all time.
It got better when I squeezed cherry juice into it.
Why does the Armeniac look so skeptical about the bestness of the best drink of all time?

Sunday was spent recovering from too much fun, with the help of some maibocks at the Rubicon. If you enjoy good beer, you should go there tonight, because they still have lots of the maibock guest taps. I especially enjoyed the Haufbrauhaus maibock.

31 comments:

Charles Albright said...

So, here is what you all missed in woodland:

I go up to pay Alec after the show and he grabs the door money from my hand and throws into the air claiming "He doesn't need this money" becasue "he has a carrier."

About 15 minutes later he was puking in the gutter saying "I hate you Jaz. I fucking hate you."


Charles

ps. all the bands where great. Was this May 31st perhaps the best one ever?

pps. On the car ride home I opened the door on the freeway and Stine grabbed my shirt and told me to stop. I pulled some Chris-Weber smile-my-problems-away-shit the next day. Pulled it off.

ppps. The Germans didn't pay for my records so I made Billy drive them over to my house on Sunday and they gave me the change in their pockets. Billy's too. Fucking German's

beckler said...

charles I think you might still be drunk. did the germans pay for the records they got from me? i guess we'll never know. i guess in germany it's ok for you to pick up records from three different sellers, walk around with them for one hour, listen to them to judge for quality even though they cost between one and two dollars, and just in general act completely squirrely and possibly not pay for any of the records.

Charles Albright said...

They paid Scott for your records, but they played dumb when it came to mine. I didn't even like them using our record player. But they left there sweater at my house, so I made them pay me all the change they had in there pockets (less than a dollar fifty) just on principle. Fucking Germans.

beckler said...

or did they pay scott? they say they did, he doesn't remember it. i say we make them take a lie detector test.

beckler said...

p.s.-it's not really ok to say 'fucking germans'. we are not talking about germans as a people, we are talking about these two dudes.

Josh Nice said...

dude tony cale is looking mad svelte.

Anonymous said...

It's a combination of non-stop bike riding & weed.

-miller

Anonymous said...

Charles - Are you sure Alec was referring to Jaz (the person) and not jazz (the music form)?

Charles Albright said...

I think both music and the person.

And it sounds like Heckasac maybe a Kraut sympathizer. Do you know what we think other countries here in America? We don't like them. Thats what we think.

Charles

ps. the Rhineland isn't a fine land! the Rhineland isn't a fine land! the Rhineland isn't a fine land!

Anonymous said...

I think I saw the Germans pay Scott.
The haggling though? In what twisted German fantasy are you going to get such quality albums for a cheaper price? Plus with the exchange rate they paid like .03 euro for the Velvet Underground's "Loaded."

I smoked a bunch of their weed though, so I like 'em.
gbomb

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, i swear the english singles had a drummer. guess i was hallucinating . . .Ed

beckler said...

I tried to discretely snap 5 or so pictures so it wouldn't be all flash in your face while you were playing, and none of my pictures captured the essence of ed.

Anonymous said...

First dude definitely paid, second dude I don't recall paying (and I wasn't day raging yet) but maybe he did & also I no longer care. I'll give him ze benefit of ze doubt.

-miller

Anonymous said...

i thought it was due to copyright infringements. -Ed

archbishop said...

I dunno if the Germans were trying to be weasels or if they were just stoned. Maybe a bit of both. I tend to give foreigners the benefit of the doubt (but not if they were buying a Foreigner record).

I heard that an autographed piece of clothing (by the guy who invented the bikini) was sold for three bucks and it's a $500 item. Ouch.

beckler said...

yeah, it's just fun to make jokes about it in a german accent. i believe that they paid for the records they got from me.

Alec said...

For the record, I don't have a carrier, and I don't hate Jaz or jazz.

Anonymous said...

That's not what I heard.

g

Charles Albright said...

Carrier is career in Charlespeak.

Oh, And I am sorry for the drunk dials people. Bryna Lovig and Bill Heberger especially.

Charles

Anonymous said...

We still love you Charles
Bill

But lose my number

beckler said...

oh, i wanted to ask what a carrier was but i thought it was some cool sland that the kids use and i didn't want to look out of it. i thought it was a dude who carries your money, like i woule imagine that fellow puff diddly has.

Anonymous said...

Kind of like how I want to ask what "sland" & "woule" are. LOL.

-miller

Charles Albright said...

I figured she was just making fun your truly for claiming she was soft on the German issue. But then I realized it was move of solidarity. Down with correct spellings!

Charles

ps. after I saw you yesterday scott, I went to A&P and bough an expensive six pack of German Beer. It's ok.

pps. Where's today's post? I don't pay Dave "Smith" 2o bucks a month for a subscription to this blog for nothing!

Liv Moe said...

um, hey Charles... next time I see you remind me to have a little talk with you about trusting Dave Smith.

archbishop said...

Hey Liv,

Can I borrow $20 again? This time I'll have Charles pay you.

Anonymous said...

Screw Charles - have the Germans pay her.

-miller

Liv Moe said...

yeah, okay. those germans are still in town right?

archbishop said...

No, the Germans bypassed the Maginot Line (the Yolo Causeway as we call it) and have taken hold of San Francisco. They're probably at Amoeba high on LSD while saying "groovy".

Anonymous said...

Let them know that Amoeba's totally cool with them taking their records back to where they're staying & giving them a test run before they buy them.

-miller

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David Watts Barton said...

Beckler...

Please contact me at davidwattsbarton@hotmail.com. I want to talk to you for a story I'm working on.
Thanks.

dB