Thursday, May 06, 2010

cooking class info.

MidMo's website is has improved a buttload. It has the new ish up, with Biz's most hated enemy on the cover. I posted my two favorite recipes from the cooking classes I took. If you're in the market for cooking classes, I have heard good things about the Sac. Co-op's Indian cooking classes, taught by Shankari Easwaran. In fact, her vegetarian curries class on the 18th is sold out! There's also one on June 12th that the "Cooking from the Heart" ladies, Sami and Sheng, are teaching. It starts early and you visit Hmong farms to gather produce and then return to the Co-op teaching kitchen to cook it. As Huell Howser would say- amazing! Go here to sign up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biz hates flamingoes?

-omf

Anonymous said...

I have two voucheers for cooking classes at the Sac Co-op and I don't know what to take!

I need something that's really really beginner.

Anonymous said...

I like those vouchers so much I cheer for them: voucheers.

beckler said...

I heard on 103.5 (guess it's not called the bomb anymore, despite kbmb being the call letters?) that lil jon is going to be djing at azucar on may 14th.

undercover caterer said...

Yeeaaahhh!

sorry I couldn't resist the lil jon thing even though I'm 9 hours late.

Anonymous said...

becky,
are you going to take the june 12th Hmong farm cooking thing? That sounds fun! I'll do it with you.

I'm down to crash the Lil John thing too.
-olivia

beckler said...

Hey-
I'm gonna be out of town for both of those events. But the authors of cooking from the heart are sweethearts, I recommend the class. And Lil John needs no recommendation from me.