Friday, May 07, 2010

the summer of vermouth

Oooh! Look at that pretty picture. I stole this from the MidMo website. Local artist and Renaissance man extraordinaire Tim White is having a show at Elliot Fouts gallery. This reception is tomorrow, 4749 J street, starting at 6 pm. Actually just check out MidMo's art picks in general, with a comment from Doug B.!
I've decided that Summer in The Dime (2010), besides being the best! summer! ever! is going to be the summer of vermouth. I got this at Taylor's yesterday for 14.99. I wish I could link to MH's column when she wrote about vermouth, it got me thinking about it. Onespeed has a couple of vermouths on their menu, including Carpano Antica, which is delicious served with a twist of orange peel. This Dolin vermouth (they make three kinds) is sweet and herbal. I even tasted a little celery salt, but maybe I'm crazy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've really been trying to revive sherry as my apertif of choice. You know, ala the hit television program 'Frasier'. I'm on the lookout for some sherry glasses if anyone has ideas.
jamattack!

Anonymous said...

Girl always be tasting celery salt!

-miller

beckler said...

there's an interesting series of sacpress articles being written by a local homeless guy, tom armstrong. there's a nine day closure of loaves on fishes going on right now and he used that as a springboard to write an article every day about homeless issues. sacpress comments remain sane and humane and there's some thought-provoking discussion going on there.

http://www.sacramentopress.com/user/homelesstom/articles

michele h said...

Nana! Let's talk sherry, I'm so with you!

-MH

michele h said...

B! That vermouth is such a good deal. That have it at Corti's too if anyone wants to try the "Dry" or the "Blanc".

-MH

Anonymous said...

MH- ever since you poured W that Amaro, he's been on a kick. Amaro and tonic over ice, twist of lemon peel!

-EC

Liv Moe said...

Amaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!