Wednesday, January 05, 2011

MidMoMoNi next week

Here's a couple of pictures Slice didn't want to use. I really like the spinnocoli one! Spinnocoli eye-view.
Me and Liv's movie night at The Verge approacheth. It's next Thursday, the 13th at 7:30. Those of you who came to the last, super fun screening know that it will actually be pretty warm inside. I was able to take my coat off. We'll have popcorn and some brews and beverages like last time. And, oh yeah, what are we showing?

Short films, some of them filmed by the famous Mayles Bros, about Christo and Jean Claude. Doug Biggert, who worked on one of their installations (running fence?) is going to give a little slide show about it, too.

Do you remember when Christo was such a big deal? He was probably one of the only current artists who penetrated my brain as a kid living in Lincoln. Mostly because his Surrounded Islands piece was so roundly mocked around my house. Now that project strikes me for how non-environmentally correct it is. Surrounding islands in plastic! The fact that it's hot pink makes it look hella 80s.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, what are some of the Halloween show bands? I want to do the Pretenders - wondering if anyone else is planning on doing that.

Chris is gonna do Alice Cooper.

Margaux

beckler said...

The post below with a bunch of comments covers some of that. I am stoked that REO Speedwagon is happening. Whoever is Kevin Cronin-you should talk about your divorce a lot like he did at the fair. Obviously still a fresh wound.

Anonymous said...

I'll check that out. Psyched on Speedwagon!

Margs

Anonymous said...

Shoot, both of our bands are taken. That's a bummer.

M

Anonymous said...

You can be in the Beatles with me if you want.

-miller

Anonymous said...

Yeah, fuck it. What about Dolly Mixture or Kirsty MacColl?

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see that portrait of Zelda, I want to kneel and cross myself.

Niki