Friday, January 07, 2011

Spitz

Is it wrong that I want to spend 600 bucks for a six foot tall version of this poster? If it is then I don't wanna be right.

The new MidMo is out, and online as well. There's lots of good stuff, Anton Barbeau's Musical Chairs stands out because he's not one of our stable of writers (and a stable of thoroughbreds it is!) I love how OMF quietly turns out rock-solid art articles every month. No big deal, just the best art writing going on in the Sac area.

PLEASE email MidMo if you wanna do a Musical Chairs!! OMF has a hard time finding people to do it.

So that Mantles/Babys/White Fence late show is on Saturday at The Hub. Don't forget! Sac doesn't really represent for the Mantles the way they should, not that they've ever complained. They like playing Sac. I will complain for them.

12 comments:

archbishop said...

Mike Watt is playing bass for jandek on Saturday too. But that's in Irvine.

Liv Moe said...

we'll see if i can exorcise this gemlin outta my lungs by saturday night. creepin'! crud!

Anonymous said...

mike watt plays bass for the mantles.

Anonymous said...

Spitz! Product of the Sherm Chavoor coaching program and the best ever Olympics joke (How do they fill the pool? Mark Spitz!). Sure he's a little arrogant, but he's still way smarter than goofball Phelps.

Anonymous said...

"No big deal, just the best art writing going on in the Sac area."

Tim's are great!--but Victoria D. and Shoka do solid coverage as well. This is a good thing.

NM

beckler said...

That's my subjective opinion and I'm sticking to it. I like Tim's aesthetic, so I'm more likely to agree with him on matters of taste.

Anonymous said...

Word is that the Mantles are playing first because the really want everyone to see White Fences, who are apparently stupendous.

g

Anonymous said...

A subjective opinion on someone who helps pay your rent - or at least subsidizes your eating? Make sure you teach that at the next food writer workshop!

beckler said...

Jeez, people. I just think Tim is a good writer. Fuck! And puh-leeze, the money has not much to do with it. I like to write about things that spark my enthusiasm. I am not making any money by writing about Maharishi Honey, I don't make any money off of our movie screenings, The Mantles have yet to send me my royalty check, etc.

Anonymous said...

Did Tim pay you to say that???

-miller

Liv Moe said...

geez louise.

Anonymous said...

Check's in the mail!

-omf