Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Best Summer Ever (chant)

We definitely kicked off the Best Summer Ever with a nuclear explosion.  In fact, I was apparently so jazzed that I only needed to sleep from about midnight to 3 in the morning last night and now I am insane.  Well, I feel insane, maybe that's different from being insane.

Thanks to everyone at Bows, from what I could tell the staff handled the crush with aplomb.  I split the roast pork sandwich with my mom and it was delish.  I also had, I think, 3 glasses of wine and 3 beers.  Yes, I can admit that, it's part of why I feel top notch right now.  And I had the MidMo pop, which is incredibly good.  DJ Mike C. played excellent jamz, and the Best Summer Ever band and Buk Buk were great too.

Do you know about the Sacramento Records showcase at Phono Select on Saturday?  It might be crammed with industry and A & R types, but don't let that deter you because Scott is DJing!!! If I know that dude I know he will put a lot of thought into what he plays.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get my self in that sort of insane all the time. Sleeplessness keeps me you young..and crazy.

-Natalie.

Anonymous said...

Fun partay. Although I hear the raffle was rigged ... :)

NM

Anonymous said...

thanks for helping set it up! i had so much fun!

-gabba

beckler said...

I will admit I blew the raffle. I was a raffle newbie and mistakes were made. Tim was trying to tell me what to do but the High Life got in the way.

Anonymous said...

"the High Life", Miller's new nickname?

Anonymous said...

Not because of the beer.

Charles

Anonymous said...

You mean DJ Driving Gloves?

JerPer just announced on FB that Old I is going to stop doing shows 7/1.

gbomb

Anonymous said...

Only 8 more days to get a band photo in front of that shitty neon!

-miller

Anonymous said...

Not true re: Old I.

NM

Anonymous said...

yawn.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate the internet sometimes?


biz

Anonymous said...

i think the highlife & the hamslife hit me alittle hard too & i'm a pro! i forgot to drop donovan's sunshine superman and p screams higher than the sun into the mix...

yawn...

mikec

yolkie said...

Seriously, Mike C played so many good jams. Thanks for making it happen Becky!