Thursday, June 16, 2011

Marwencol tonight!

Screening of Marwencol at the Verge tonight.  7:30.  Liv and I visited Skinner in his studio last night to talk about the panel discussion.  What an amazing guy.  He has a lot to say, and I'm sure he will say some of it tonight. 

Man, all this stuff going on and the French Film Festival starts this weekend, too.  I love the poster that Dane H. designed. I know no one is reading this because you are all nattering on facebook, but does anyone have any recs for must-sees?  I've seen Pierrot le fou.  What about the Jacques Demy movie?  I am not a big fan of French New Wave.  I don't get it.

3 comments:

gee whz said...

The Jacqes Demy is great, if you like over the top French pop musicals. It's one of my favs. I don't think he is technically French New Wave. He and his wife Agnes Varda were making films at the same time, I think and I am probably wrong, they were called Left Bank film makers. They are a lot warmer than the New Wave directors.

Watch this, I love it, but it may be too over the top for some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3ZJt07o81o

gbomb

gee whz said...

Oh and they don't have the same last name, but Francis Delormac is Catherine Deneuve's sister who died in a car crash a few years later.

i really don't know what it is about the French and car crashes.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing it's because they drive like maniacs.

-miller