Wednesday, June 08, 2011

digestion roulette

oh my god, how is it the 8th already?  And I've been neglecting to plug a couple of events I'm involved with.  Two big ones.  The anxiety of helping to plan events is kinda keeping me up at night, just between you and me.  And there's no one else here, right?  Also, if it's confession time I just ate some pretty questionable yogurt for breakfast.  Why do I do that?  If I get sick it's totally not going to have been worth it.  If I don't get sick, I win?  It's digestion roulette.

EVENT ONE: A compelling documentary called Marwencol at the Verge.  Thursday, June 16th.  7:30 pm.  This time it's five bucks because we need to cover the cost to get the film.  We have a fucking dynamite panel for this one.  UC Davis Nelson Gallery director Renny Pritikin, UC Davis neuroscientist Kathleen Baynes, and Skinner.  You gotta watch the trailer to figure out why these particular panelists are so great (sorry for the ad)


EVENT TWO: Midtown Monthly Best Summer Ever Party at Bows Collective.  It's on Tuesday, June 21st.  6:00-10:00.  There will be music, including a performance by Amanda Cook.  I will have more details in a bit for you.

1 comment:

undercover caterer said...

Marwencol is a fascinating movie! Totally worth five bucks.