Tuesday, June 28, 2011

criminy

Yipes and criminy.  Does anyone say these words out loud anymore?  What does criminy mean or originate from?  Did you know G. Green is playing tonight with Animals and Men at the Press Club, which is a band that everyone thinks smiller will know about but that he doesn't.  And English Singles are playing with them tomorrow in Oakland.  Where is that show?
 Do you have too many beans?  I now officially do.  I have a bag of them in my fridge right now, making me feel guilty, as if I need anything else to feel guilty about! Fuck you, beans.  If you have too many, here's a tip: boil for 2-3 minutes then plunge in cold water.  Make a dressing with canola oil, dijon mustard, champagne vinegar, lots of tarragon and a clove of garlic.  Use a blender or a rough chop of herbs, doesn't really matter.  Serve cold.  Great the next day.
 Here's the new MOM tape out on Burger, Moms Greatest Shits.  I picked it up at Phono Select.  It's really good sunny day driving around music, believe it or not.
Here's Charles' album face
Here's Scott's DJ face.  I asked him to make this, BTW.  He really saved the day because some of us thought there were like three bands playing.  He kept it tight until the end, when he played Stray Cats.
Gaba's album face
I saw this sight at a Thrift Store, on probably 8 tvs at once. This is some peoples worst nightmare.
look how cute!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lucas picture is like an Orwellian nightmare...a really candy-ass nightmare, but still.

-DB

Anonymous said...

I just said criminy yesterday and thought to myself, "wow, haven't heard that in a long time." I was thinking it might be some kind of Jesus Christ! substitute.

Conwad

Anonymous said...

That's basically what dictionary.com indicates: euphemism for "Christ!", a la "Crikey!".

-DB

Anonymous said...

I'm a "Cripes!" man myself.

-miller

Anonymous said...

Barnes, you need to take a piss at the new Bows & Arrows bathroom and witness the Lucas art hanging above the hand dryer,

NM

Stephen Glass said...

"Criminy" and "yipes" are great ones. Myself, I'm trying to use "stone the crows" more these days.

Count Mockula said...

I say criminy all the time. As a teacher and a mom, I need D-list curses as replacements for my usual A-listers.

yolkie said...

It is actually my dream to make many more similar lucas pieces and place them all together. Had I been there to see those tvs I would laughed in evil delight