Tuesday, July 10, 2012

real men don't carry opera tickets

Bananas/Babies/Dog Party/4th band show tonight at Luigis!
It finally arrived! It's hecka short.  I will show you the "best" parts and save you the trouble.
 one of these three things disqualifies SM from being a real man. I'll let you guess which.
 See, food was the big battleground here.  I guess they though quiche was just a given.  Check out #13.  Smiller has noted that light beers have pulled off a remarkable marketing turnaround because now many bros proudly proclaim it as their beer of choice.  I guess real men hate arugula so much they don't even want to know how to spell it. 
 hmm....Hughes Rudd was a newsguy.  They seem to have the most respect for TV journalists.  I think the Hunt brothers were the guys who tried to corner the world market on silver? I remember my parents telling me about that.  John Milius was the screenwriter of Red Dawn.  Nuff said.  James Galanos the fashion designer? This list is super random.
 why the Gifford hate? rex humbard is an evangelist. The pope? So real men are atheists? I agree about John Davidson for sure.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

frank gifford is a blow hard.

Ed

undercover caterer said...

Oscar fucking Madison is not a real man? Puh-lease.

Anonymous said...

this centerfold from Cosmopolitan magazine almost proves, anatomically speaking, that John Davidson is a real man.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yardsalebloodbath/2913706536/

Anonymous said...

How the hell is Burt Reynolds not on the real men list?? LOL at Andy Gibb.

-miller

Anonymous said...

How is John Irving on it?

gbomb

The Armeniac said...

Klugman? That's just crazy.

Veriword: hersrael as opposed hisrael

Stephen Glass said...

In fairness, John Milius co-wrote "Apocalypse Now." On the other hand, he wrote "Conan the Barbarian."

beckler said...

glad to see that a bisexual (John Irving) can be a real man.

The Armeniac said...

Wait, so Bianca Jagger is a man?

Anonymous said...

Do real men listen to twee or reggae?

Also, I'm convinced the author included Andy Gibb to be ironic.

Jed

Scott Miller said...

If someone would make me a damn quiche once in a while, I'd put this theory to the test!

Anonymous said...

My guess for Smiller's pockets is lip balm. LIP BALM.

Also, you need eggs for quiche. I conveniently have between 6 and 12 from my yardbirds that you can have for FREE. I'm home every day after 5:30, except tonight, I gotta go to the bike kitchen for a bit.

-The Neighbor

Anonymous said...

The criteria seems entirely random. Eating baby cow isn't manly? News to me.

-DB

Scott Miller said...

Lip balm is correct! I told Becky about the first FREE EGGS comment (which she had missed) and I'll remind her again. We definitely want them!

BC said...

Not only do I remember this book, I remember the counterpart: Real Women Don't Pump Gas. Which was premised on the idea that a real woman would just sit helplessly in line at a self service gas station until someone got irritated enough to pump her gas for her.

This post has inspired me to make a quiche for dinner.

Liv Moe said...

FACT Tim Foster makes better quiche than I do. Do with that what you will.

Scott Miller said...

There's a reason "Real Men Drive Crosleys" doesn't exist.

Liv Moe said...

Oh but it does. It's called "Big Men Little Cars." For real.

KLJ said...

Ha ha. I remember when this came out. I was just a kid. I'm sure lots of real men bought it.

beckler said...

yes! eggs! tonight? i can't come pick them up but scott can. he probably wants a glimpse into the compound even more than me.

Anonymous said...

Eggs tonight is good. I have a full dozen for y'all. Send him over. It wouldn't suck if he brought beer...or even "a" beer.
-The Neighbor

Anonymous said...

OMG, The Neighbor's notsosecret "jammin' with Miller" dream is about to come to pass.

And all because of quiche!

gbomb

Scott Miller said...

Can't come by til a little after 6:00 - is that OK?

beckler said...

Is there a password? A special knock?

Anonymous said...

A little after 6 is perfect.
No secret knock, just come barging in. I'll *most likely* be in the yard anyways. Come through the gate(s) near the hippie garden.

-The Neighbor