Thursday, June 02, 2005

Griego Erwin details

I'm a little behind in catching this, mostly because the Bee has reorganized their online content so that it harder to access the news (probably to encourage people to subscribe), but they have finally come out with the disputed facts in the Griego Erwin case. http://www.sacbee.com/content/opinion/columns/acuna/story/12929241p-13777035c.html

That is crazy. We're talking full-on fiction. I read that story about the older woman who took in a homeless woman and thought it was sweet, if a bit cheesily written. I honestly can't think of a better adjective than cheesy. I should get a thesaurus. I like some of the details she came up with, like a cat named "Queen Sweetness" in one column and a lady named "Aunt Queenie" in another. I want to check out those columns in their entirety and see what other funny details emerge.

7 comments:

leon said...

I hope this case makes some of the other writers tighten up their act a bit. I know of another certain former SN&R writer who botched the facts pretty bad in an interview with one of my friend's bands in the bee while ago. Not really all that important, in the sense that it could effect a police investigation, but sloppy journalism for the one and only newspaper in town, none the less.

Anonymous said...

It seemed like Griego Erwin was talking through the Audrey Hellund character. "What is it about us? What is it?" I thought her story about the homeless woman was pretty sweet too. I wonder if Griego Erwin thought she was inspiring people to be compassionate or if she just need to fulfill deadlines.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how leon can criticize writers, then get on here and confuse/obfuscate/muddy up his story. A news n review writer? Or a bee writer? And who? What? Tell us the details rather than lob empty criticisms into the blogosphere. It's not that I don't believe you, it's that you haven't given me all the facts. It's not that I don't believe Diana Erwin, it's that she didn't give me all the facts. (Okay, so maybe I DONT believe Diana).

Anonymous said...

I took Leo N to mean that a former SNR reporter that was now a Bee reporter screwed up hardcore like.

beckler said...

Whoever could that be?

Anonymous said...

Why does everyone remain anonymous on here?!

miller

Anonymous said...

Because I dont want people intimidated by knowing there is a celebrity of my calibur on here.

The Real Charles Albright