Monday, June 06, 2005

Local news

Sac Bee columnist Bob Sylva did a feature on the new owner of Le Fun: http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/13006005p-13852566c.html
She just graduated from high school! She will probably do O.K. if she keeps more regular hours than the previous owner did. That's the big complaint that I heard. Also, I hope she buys clothes. I think that if she did that, it could really bring a lot more people into her store to browse. And the article says that she's basically selling her own clothes right now, so it sounds like she needs some more stock.

The Bee also had a big feature on local character/record collector Joey D and his Ikon records label: http://www.sacticket.com/music/story/12999786p-13846363c.html He had a release party at the Press Club yesterday, but I don't think anybody I know went.

I'll write a review of Aoli in a bit. I went for the first time on friday night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Press CLub show was actually pretty good. Joey D was a bit tipsy and while the loosin streaks were playing he would walk over and do air guitar moves. He also was walking around with his wirless microphone and name dropping everyone in the crowd. The crowd was mostly older dudes and their wives. but it was fun to see the press club packed and drinking the 2$ tall boys of pbr at 2pm in the afternoon. some old garage dude got up and sang a song he hasnt sung in 39 years. though im not as much of a garage buff as most everyone there so i dont know who he was.

Anonymous said...

I was busy so I couldn't go to this but I was definitely curious. I could've used it as an opportunity to see how I'll probably be acting in 20 years!

miller

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen that show on Saturday. And I wish I'd seen that article before this morning!

As for Le Fun, Marion IS awesome and savvy, and obviously the kind of person who has had the brains to do this kind of thing from the get go. Which is why I find it so grating, when once again, someone from the Bee and/or SNR describes a young businesswoman/musician/artist in terms like "unsure voice" and "blushing". And why does her or Olivia's age need to be mentioned?

~ Touchy Mc Feely

beckler said...

Word.

Anonymous said...

I hate those writers at the SN&R. I think I'll start a "down with SN&R" chant at the next show I'm at.